• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

We were lucky

Started by Bills Custom Calls, September 17, 2010, 06:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

Last evening we had some severe storms move through the area at about 5:30.I had heard a tornado had touched down about 17 miles East of us in the city of New Phila.,Thats where my daughter and her family live.A phone call told us they were fine and the tornado touched down about a block or 2 from them and they had no damage

On the news at 10 they were showing pics of the Ag College in Wooster (about 35 miles from us) that was pretty much destroyed
This morning I find out that about 3 miles from us another tornado had touched down in the little amish town of Farmerstown  causing extensive damage  10 barns 5 total loss a little country store gone
We never got more then heavy rain and some wind here but it was reported the winds were 95 mph
From what is being reported there was no serious injuries or deaths

Sorry no pics

I guess Mother Nature will create jobs since the Gov can't
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

Man them things are wicked :sad:.  Glad you are fine :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Thats crazy stuff. We been pretty lucky so far this year.
I'm glad it missed you guys
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Coyote Kate & I were w/o power for about 24 hours.  :sad: Stuff happens, but I know they'll get ya up & running ASAP.
ATI-OSU in Wooster got nailed?  :shock2: That's were I went to college!  :sad3:
I took some pix that night. Not sure if they're any good.  :shrug: I'll go get 'em.

Stomp
                                                                                          Stomp
                                                                                 Stomp 
                                                                        Stomp
                                                               Stomp
                                                      Stomp
                                             Stomp
                                    Stomp
                           Stomp
                  Stomp
         Stomp
Stomp

vvarmitr

Stomp :whew:  Problem of having the computer upstairs!
         Stomp
                  Stomp
                           Stomp
                                    Stomp
                                              Stomp
                                                       Stomp 
                                                                Stomp
                                                                         Stomp
                                                                                  Stomp
                                                                                           Stomp
                                                                                                     Stomp
                                                                                                               Stomp

Here they are .....
Red sky at night, sailor's delight!

Next two are a side by side attempt .  :iroll:

This was south east of us over Brightwood.

Thought this kinda cool ...

Got this pix the next day. It was right over the house, but by the time I found the camera.  :innocentwhistle:

pitw

:alscalls: :alscalls: at the stairs.

Them are some powerful looking clouds over that[relatively speaking] flat looking country :confused:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Silencer

we've had a few touch down around us this year, getting to be more common for some reason.   A couple days ago there's was a couple inches of hail.   Here's a pic a friend of mine took on his way home from work, I'd already been home and missed it all :whew:  storm missed town by a mile or two.

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

JohnP

You guys be careful up there.  Glad we don't have to contend with that stuff.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

alscalls

We are still cleaning up......... My family was lucky but a tornado hit in Bellville right down the road from us, and killed at least one fella....... Rt. 68S was still closed last I checked and road crews have been working round the clock since the storm hit to try an clear all the trees and debris.
One fella had a metal barn and it was destroyed during the storm leaving scrap metal sticking out of all his livestock and they all had to be put down......... what a mess..........
Not to much damage to my farm other than I keep finding siding, and other strange things laying around that had to come from several miles away.... This all happened about 4pm Thurs. and the mess is still HUGE.
We are all OK but many families weren't so lucky....... I pray they find relief......
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

shaddragger

:whew: Glad everybody is OK !!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen