• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Night hunt success

Started by cityslicker, September 21, 2010, 01:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cityslicker

Well my best friend and I went back to Indiana tonight and hunted the same place as last time. Again to clarify we were on private land hunting with the landowner and he has sheep to protect so we were 100% legal. We get there and right off the bat I'm concerned because the moon is bright tonight. At the first field we heard some howling off in the distance, but never had one come in. The second field was the same result, no takers. So we go to the third field and I'm thinking the moon ain't right and it ain't gonna happen. Well we get there and park the truck in the tree line to stay in the shadows and then get the caller set out and get everything ready to go. We give it 10 minutes and then I scan the field before I start the caller. I don't see anything so I turn the caller on playing pup distress and as I scan from the left side of the field to the right I see a pair of eyes about 100-125 yards away. I whisper to my friend and the landowner "yote". My buddy can't see it right away and I'm like "it's coming straight to us". So finally he sees it in the scope and the coyote is still trotting straight towards us so I mute the caller. Well it's still coming so I told my buddy to get ready and I would bark at it to get it to stop. So I barked and it stopped and he dropped it right in it's tracks. He was so shook up that he didn't know if he hit it or not. I immediately turned the caller back on playing Ki-yi for about 5-10 minutes but nothing else showed up. So we get down and go check out the dog and take some pics. This is my friend's first coyote and if he wasn't already hooked before he definitely is now.
http://

FinsnFur

I barked, he stopped, it dropped. It dont get much better then that.

Congrats to you both. :congrats:
Tell your buddy, him trying to pretend it's not heavy in this pic...isnt working. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cityslicker

Thanks! Lol yeah he had been holding it awhile though :laf:

KySongDog

Great story!   I wish they allowed night hunting in KY. 

coyote101

Way to go.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations to all of you.  :congrats: :congrats:

Quote from: Semp on September 21, 2010, 05:51:16 AM
I wish they allowed night hunting in KY. 

Me too.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

wked

cityslicker

Quote from: Semp on September 21, 2010, 05:51:16 AM
Great story!   I wish they allowed night hunting in KY. 

Me too, that way I wouldn't have to cross the Ohio River to hunt, but the farm we hunt isn't but about 45 minutes from the house so it's not bad.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

cityslicker,

Good story and good shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

slagmaker

Good wright up and good pic.

thanks for taking us along
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

vmaster59

vvarmitr

Nothing better than shooting varmints w/ the land owner right there.  :biggrin:

Good job yooos guys!  :congrats:

cityslicker

Quote from: vvarmitr on October 05, 2010, 12:38:27 PM
Nothing better than shooting varmints w/ the land owner right there.  :biggrin:

Good job yooos guys!  :congrats:

Yeah, he likes to coyote hunt as well, but he's actually afraid of them lol. Anytime we were walking around he was super paranoid. :laf:

JohnP

Tell your buddy congratulations.  It don't take much to get hooked on this coyote calling thing.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

cityslicker

Quote from: JohnP on October 05, 2010, 07:30:19 PM
  It don't take much to get hooked on this coyote calling thing.

It's an addiction for sure :biggrin: