• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Maine pictures - enjoy

Started by Hawks Feather, October 26, 2010, 11:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

coyote101

Great pictures Jerry.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Thanks for sharing.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Wow.
Perfect timing for that moon shot, that looks cool :eyebrownod:

It looks COLD and reminds me of Clifford the cartoon.
Whats laying on the beach in the fourth pic there. Someones crab pods?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

So where in Maine were this wonderful pix taken?  :shrug:

:yoyo:  :yoyo:  :yoyo:  :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

Sorry, I should have posted this with the pictures.

#1 is Portland Head Lighthouse.  One of the most photographed lighthouses and is just outside Portland, Maine.  (Home of the deep fried lobster tails.)

#2 is at Pemaquid point.

#3 is on the road to Newagan

#4 is lobster traps at Pemaquid point.  Originally the lobster traps were made of wood and had a rounded top.  There was cording that made a funnel for the lobsters to go into the trap and then keep them from getting out â€" similar to fish traps.  Later they continued the wood, but made more of a box.  Now they have gone to the wire traps.

#5 again at Pemaquid point.

#6 on the way to Ocean Point.

#7 was at Kennebunkport.

Jerry

pitw

Thanks Jerry :bowingsmilie:.  Only way this prairie boy is gonna see that part of the country and you done a good job of showing it.  Does the light house still work :shrug:.  Sure don't look like much call for a guy in my line of work there :pout:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Ah man those are cool pics Jerry!!! That light house cottage is a wall hanger!!  :congrats:

Bills Custom Calls

Nice pics Jerry

I was wondering if you were bringing some fresh lobster back with you and if ya did I do know a spot you could stop on your way home and have a lobster fest  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin: :laf: :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

bambam

beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.

Dave

I thought for sure they were post cards. 

Bopeye

Very nice pics. Hope you had a good time. Looks like you did.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

iahntr

Very cool. I'd like to make it up along the East coast some day too.
Thanks a lot for sharin em with us !    :congrats:
Scott

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

HaMeR

Purdy cool looking places you visited Jerry. Thanks for the pics.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Tikaani

Great photos Jerry.  I have always wanted to visit and see the fall colors of thee Northeast.  Thanks for sharing.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Roundman

:yoyo: Nice pictures Jerry. I like #1, has a real cool look.

nastygunz

Great eye on those photos  :yoyo:...I live about an hour from York/Kittery...buy some guns now and then at the Kittery Trading Post, http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/
    They have a good system, you buy a gun at the trading post, if your from NH, they drive across the border from Maine to NH about half a mile, they have a little 1 room office and they finish the transfer and sale there..I bought my Thompson Contender there  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

I have always stopped at the Trading Post on the way in.  My wife and daughters (when they were along) would go to the outlet stores across the street to the south (now they have them across the street too).  Since it was usually July when we would go we usually ate lunch and had ice cream at the little shop just north of the Trading Post.  Neat area.

Jerry

Frogman

Very nice, Jerry!  Thanks for posting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!