• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Thank you Semp

Started by coyote101, December 09, 2010, 08:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Semp's posts about his fall turkey hunting success inspired me to give it a try. One of the places I coyote hunt is loaded with turkeys and I had a pretty good idea where they were roosting. I'm not a turkey hunter, but I've seen a bunch of them while coyote hunting at this place and thought I might have a pretty good chance of getting one. Its been pretty cold here but I've been in the woods before daylight every morning this week. I've seen a lot of turkeys and listened to a lot of turkey talkin' but no luck.....until this morning. About 7:00 this morning a couple of hens came by and stopped about 30 yards out. I gave one a load of 3 inch number 5s and got my first turkey. I don't know whether my poor attempts at calling had anything to do with them coming within range, or whether they came by in spite of it, (or maybe it was the hat) and I don't care. I got my first turkey and I'm pretty tickled with it. So thank you Semp.

My first turkey.

Hero shot.
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

Congrats pat. Nothing like a first
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Well now you gotta like that :yoyo: Especially for your first hunt.

I've never Turkey hunted, and to show you how much I know about it...I didnt even know it was legal to shoot a hen. :shrug:

And boy that shotgun just completely vanishes out there dont it? :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

AWESOME, PAT!!!   :yahoo:

You are now officially infected with that disease called turkey hunting!    :eyebrownod:   Just wait till spring.   You are in for a treat!   ;yes;

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 09, 2010, 08:46:00 PM
.I didnt even know it was legal to shoot a hen. :shrug:

In the fall yes, in the spring no.   :eyebrownod:  You ought to give it a try, Jim.  I know you would like it.   :wink:

Bopeye

I've never turkey hunted either. Can't afford another addiction. Congrats Pat!! Not too many people score so quickly, or so I'm told.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Congrats on the turkey.  They sure are fun to hunt.  Emphasis for me is on the word HUNT, rather than harvest, but that is another story.  You have now done both. 

Jerry

pitw

Totally awesome Pat :yoyo: :yoyo:.  I guess you must have been paying attention to Semp last year at the LBL :eyebrownod:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Way to go Pat!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  That's as fine a looking bird as you'll see laying at your feet!! Until spring that is!! You are now OH fishal lee hooked on turkey hunting.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

golfertrout

way to go Pat :yoyo: not a virgin anymore :hahaha:

HuntnCarve

Congrats Pat!  Like they said... Now you are going to become addicted.  :laf:

iahntr

Congratulations to ya Pat !!  :yoyo:  :highclap:
Scott

bambam

Good job !!  Nice turkey.

Carolina Coyote

Yup nice job,  :congrats: A Turkey for Christmas dinner.  :eyebrownod: cc

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: Semp on December 09, 2010, 08:54:39 PM
AWESOME, PAT!!!   :yahoo:

You are now officially infected with that disease called turkey hunting!    :eyebrownod:   Just wait till spring.   You are in for a treat!   ;yes;

I agree with Semp
Wait til you call in that Big Spring Gobbler
Fuzzy

weedwalker

WAY TO GO PAT!!! :congrats: :congrats: That's a nice bird there. :yoyo:

markTNhunter

nice bird you got the fever now you gota try the spring seson  :congrats:

alscalls

Pat,
Thats a fine Christmas hen right there!      :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
As the others said..... A spring bird Is way FUN! with lots of calling action to be found....... Yer hooked now so give it a try!  :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls