• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

It's actually quiet in here.....

Started by FinsnFur, February 04, 2011, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

...with everyone down at the LBL. It's like having a weekend with the house all to yourself. :laf: 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

:nofgr: Not everyone gets to go play... some of us get to work. 

Besides someone has to keep a light on for the LBL gang.  :biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

pitw

The boys got sick of me holding the couch down and making them help take electronics courses :iroll: that they had me take them skiiing.   :laf:   Got within 30 miles of our destination last night and started freaking raining  :madd:, needless to say the road got a mite slippery and 50% of the vehicles headed my direction ended up in the ditch :iroll:, knot head passed me two miles before he lost it so I left him there too :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

I'll be cutting up beef tomorrow. Can't wait to have a GOOD steak.  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

John_NY

I'm always quiet and don't say much. My wife taught me that a few decades ago.  :innocentwhistle: 

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

nastygunz

More snow n shoveling tomorrow..its that time of the year when I start to really miss my flyrod.

FinsnFur

:doh2: You just had to throw that in there didnt you BamBam? Of which has nothing to do with this topic. :huh:

I've been wanting a blood red steak off my grill for a month and I cant even get to my grill  :argh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Hey Boss,  Don't cut my pay.  I am here.

Jerry

iahntr

I guess we'll just have to live vicariously through there stories when they return.  :sad:

:biggrin:
Scott

THO Game Calls

Quote.its that time of the year when I start to really miss my flyrod.

Trout season for rivers and streams opened January 1st!

The Newfound River up in Bristol is excellent this time of year, and while small, is a beautiful spot to spend a day when you just have to get out.   The big pool at the bend always holds fish. 

If you have a boat, or access to one, the Bow Power Plant on the Merrimack is always good this time of year as well.  There are always some left over atlantic salmon in that stretch of river.

You can also pick up a Vermont license.  The White River in Bethel, right below the big iron bridge in the middle of town is open in the winter, and there is a good caddis and black midge hatch every February.   It's considered just at the end of the Trophy Section, and there are some big rainbows in there, as well as a few nice browns.

The Merrimack down in Litchfield by the falls is sometimes very good in late winter when it starts to warm up. 

Most of the put and take streams suck this time of year, but they might hold some fish.  I like to get up early in the morning before sunrise, take a drive along my favorite rivers, look for rising steam.   That's where the spring holes are and the water is always warmer there, and the fish will congregate around them.

Nice sunny days in the 30's or 40's make you feel like getting out, but are actually the worst days to fish the streams.  The snow and ice melt drops the river and stream temps enough to put the fish down.   

Lots of opportunities for flyfishing in the winter here.   You probably know about them already, but if you have never fished the Newfound, I think you would like it.   

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results