• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

moose lawsuit/ moose burger anyone

Started by vayotehowler, January 25, 2011, 08:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

Seems a guy in newfoundland is suing the government for getting injured for hitting an moose link attached http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/newshound/2011/01/moose-suit

FinsnFur

It's amazing what people sue other people over today. It's even more amazing that lawyers actually take these on. :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Have you ever noticed that most government policies seem to end up with unintended consequences?   :wo:

Carolina Coyote

I guess the Governments reaction will be to introduce the Wolf into the population to bring about a balance of nature. like our Government did in Yellowstone.  :rolleye: cc

THO Game Calls

For some reason, they want me to log into OutDoor Life to view your link.  Ever since they changed the name of their magazine (unofficially) to Liberal Outdoor Life, I quit reading it.    So, not being able to read it, and being too lazy to do a google search on it, I cannot comment on the article or this particular suit itself and I don't know who owns the land or the circumstances surrounding the accident.

However, when a conservation trust/group comes in and buys up land on both sides of a highway or road, and does not allow hunting or any management of the deer, moose or other animal game herd, and over population due to that lack of management results in traffic/animal collisions, they should be held accountable.   The same would go for the state if they new there was an over population of the herd, and took no measures to cull it or prevent or limit vehicle/animal collisions. 

All it is going to take is for one guy to win a suit and set a legal precedent that will make these do gooder's sit up and take notice.   

In short, I don't believe that your right to post your land limits or removes your responsibility to manage it when that lack of management negatively impact others.

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

vayotehowler

tho , basically a guy hit a moose and was paralyzed and is suing the government for allowing too many moose to exist

THO Game Calls

I got it that someone hit a moose and was suing.    The rest of it is really irrelevant.   He'll have to prove that the state knew that the moose population had exceeded what the habitat can support.   Then he will have to prove that the state has not done anything to reduce that population, and then prove that the state has not done anything to warn motorist of the problem.   Those signs you see posted along the highway that say Deer Crossing or like here in NH,  Moose Crossing are not put there to be nice to motorist.  They are put there to cover the states but in cases just like this.  He'll have an expensive uphill battle and even if he is right, they probably wont hold the state accountable. 

It might be a completely different story with a private group however.  If the state has a management plan in place and the land owners do not allow the state to put that plan into effect on their property, they might be found accountable for what happens due to their actions.   It's maybe far-fetched, but PETA and the HSUS are always suing people over the dumbest crap, it might be time to put the ball back in their court and see how they like it.

Problem is, there are too many liberal judges.   But you never know.   You find one that has hit a moose or deer in his new Beemer and you might just have a chance.

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

vayotehowler

love new hampshire i was stationed in boston for a few year . missit up there