• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

FnCountry.

Started by pitw, February 20, 2011, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

What a great way to treat a neighbor :confused:.  $5.50 for me to come to the States :noway:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FOsteology

Isn't that a kick in the pants?! It's racist I tell ya!! Southern boarder (Mexicans) are free, but if your from the great "white" north you pay!  :alscalls:

Actually Barry, it's to help cover the cost of the required inspections when arriving by sea or air.

I see no problem in asking my Canadian friends to pay for this service. I travel outside my little hamlet on a regular basis, and I get charged airport tax in damn near ever international airport outside the US. Sometimes upwards of $20-$30 US a pop. 

But if it really irks you Barry, I guess you could stay home or come in through Mehico via the desert.  :wink:

nastygunz

Ya would think the money spent on food, lodgings, gas, etc, they would let the $5.50 slide  :wo:

FOsteology

Quote from: nastygunz on February 20, 2011, 12:05:40 PM
Ya would think the money spent on food, lodgings, gas, etc, they would let the $5.50 slide  :wo:

Other countries don't wave their taxes and fees.... I travel internationally typically at least once per year. Taxes, fees, bribes (mainly Africa and Mexico on the bribes).... paltry to the $5.50 being asked. Cry me a phricken river....

American's traveling to Canada are hit with some nifty extras too.... all their VAT's: GST, PST, etc.

And just try just mailing Christmas presents to people in Canada!! Their customs doesn't miss a beat! Sent my friend some computer parts worth $200 as a present, and I had to pay like 18% tax to get it to him. :argh:

But not to worry, as the proposed $5.50 isn't applicable to visitors arriving by personal automobile. You won't have to sneak across from Mehico and swim the Rio Grande after all Barry!  :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: FOsteology on February 20, 2011, 12:23:20 PM
American's traveling to Canada are hit with some nifty extras too.... all their VAT's: GST, PST, etc.

We pay them wonderful tax's all the time so we ain't exactly being pricks to visitors eh. :wink:  If the charge is to cover for the paperwork, don't they do paperwork on Americans too :confused:.  I'm aware it's a paltry sum per person but do McDonalds math and it gets serious.   

FOsteology

Quote from: pitw on February 20, 2011, 01:01:41 PM
If the charge is to cover for the paperwork, don't they do paperwork on Americans too :confused:.  I'm aware it's a paltry sum per person but do McDonalds math and it gets serious.

Oh, I'm with you there. If there's going to be a charge, it should be applied to EVERYONE.

Perhaps we should toss up a few toll booths along the boarders. Charge everyone coming and going.... Just on the Southern boarder alone the foot traffic should just about cover the national debt.  :alscalls:

alscalls

Just jump out of the truck and run to the other side........ Hell we will give you all kinds of stuff if ya make it.........   :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

I was kinda/sorta wondering if this had something to do with our dollar being higher now.  Then in a month when it's lower I'm sure the charge would come off :iroll:.