• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Wyoming?

Started by WldWldWest, March 06, 2011, 05:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

My Son and I are Thinking about making a road trip to Wyoming in the next year or so to Yote hunt, We've Mule Deer and Speed goat hunted out there several time's but never made the trip just to yote hunt, I noticed in Predator Ext. there is an article about hunting the High Desert in Bagg's Wyoming (Red Desert) the terrain there is incredible. I've Mule Deer hunted the Red Desert a couple of times and saw a few coyotes there and we talked about going a couple of times but never made plans. I havent had the chance to read the article but it kinda got me pumped up to go!

Wyoming has Tons of BLM land so there's plenty of places to go!

Anybody up for a road trip?  For us it's about a 28 hour run.

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

coyote101

Quote from: WldWldWest on March 06, 2011, 05:32:33 PM
Anybody up for a road trip?  For us it's about a 28 hour run.

Let me know the dates Doug. I've got a lot of free time these days.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

WldWldWest

Hey Pat,

Prolly gonna be next year, But I like to have a plan!

I'm gonna make some call's and talk to the grandson of the rancher that lets us Antolope hunt his property in Rawlins, He is over the (Not sure what ya call it) Predation control for his county and see if he can give me some info on where to go (What area for the best chances) and maybe some permission to get on a few private ranches, To avoid the Big game seasons and the snow we may have to make it late may or june course at that elevation 7500-8000ft it snows in the summer but it doesnt last long. It's just not the place to get snowed in.

I'm good with the Red Desert by all means but If I can get us on some private land it may work to our advantage!

!

kyfuzzyface

Sounds like a Great trip, I have always wanted to take a trip like that, Now that I have the time maybe i could.
Keep me filled in if you need some more company !!
Fuzzy

FinsnFur

I dont think my truck would withstand that kinda continuous mileage, but the trip sounds great. So you'll have to bring me some pics. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

That sounds like something fun to do.   I've got as much time as Pat too.   :laf:

WldWldWest

I think it would be a good trip!

We can put together a gang of us and go! I'll keep rattiling off about it for a while and we can see who's interested in going! I did see where there is no licence fee for coyote hunting in Wyoming thats a plus!

Jim- Thats no excuse! Jump in the truck with someone else!

!

nor-cal yote

WWW I would be interested in this hunt also, I will be working in West Yellowstone this year and could possibly do some scouting for you, depending on the fire season. West Yellowstone is just across the border.
never yell whoa in a horse race

Frogman

I too have been thinking about going to Wyoming to coyote hunt.  I was planning something a little sooner though, like this fall.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

WldWldWest

Unfortunatly for me my Fall this year is already booked up, I'm gonna be out there on a Bowhunt for Elk in Colorado in Sept.

For some reason my employer just doesnt seem to get as big a kick outta my trips as I do, as I would be happy to make more :innocentwhistle:

!

FinsnFur

Quote from: WldWldWest on March 07, 2011, 07:00:21 AM
Jim- Thats no excuse! Jump in the truck with someone else!

I did that once. Her ole man came storming out of the house flailing a S&W Model 617
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

eleaf

Quote from: WldWldWest on March 07, 2011, 02:21:23 PM
Unfortunatly for me my Fall this year is already booked up, I'm gonna be out there on a Bowhunt for Elk in Colorado in Sept.

For some reason my employer just doesnt seem to get as big a kick outta my trips as I do, as I would be happy to make more :innocentwhistle:

Simple.

Fill your tags early, then get out your rifle to yote hunt!

I'm going to hunt pronghorn and deer in Eastern WY this fall on a 5 day combo hunt. Wish me luck in killin' somethin'!

Before I booked I asked my guide what would happen were I to fill my tags before my 5 days are up (like it could actually happen or something). He said "we have plenty of coyotes and ground hogs for you to tear up".

Because of that, I just might bring two or three rifles.