• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Spring 2011

Started by linemansteve, April 17, 2011, 08:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linemansteve

The alarm went off at 5:30 am saturday morning. I looked out the window and the rain had stopped but the wind was blowing hard,just about hard enough to put me back to sleep. I thought what the heck I'll get up and give it a try. Seeing how I failed to put my hunting stuff out the night before I was trying to hurry as fast as I could and not forget anything [COFFEE] you know the important stuff like gun,shells blind. Finally got the mule loaded and headed out [ nice when you don't have to go far] . I tryed to crow call for a response but all I could hear was the wind. Time for plan B -go to a place I've killed turkeys before and see what happens. Find THE SPOT set out decoys, get blind pull out of bag, must have grab it wrong it unfolded in my face knocking of hat and glasses [ its dark] try not to step on glasses looking for flashlight. Finally wresel blind into tree line and get set up WHEW. At 6:45am I could see my front sight [ found glasses] and did a fly down call . I then did a few gobbles with a excited hen about every 2 3 minutes. at 7:15 this guy struts in and attacks my jake decoy and tried to mount him. I had to stop laughing and protect my decoy so I shot him. On my farm scale he was 20lbs 4 oz with a 10 inch beard and 2 7/8's spurs. A good 2 year old bird. Sorry about the pic's a WET bird is hard to get a good pic.  Thanks  Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

Bills Custom Calls

Should put that one in the contest Steve Nice Job on the bird  :yoyo: :yoyo:
2 7/8 spurs he could have  put a hurtin on another bird
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

Way To Go Steve !!! :congrats: :congrats: Nice bird. :yoyo: :yoyo:

WldWldWest

Thats a Great Bird Steve! Did ya take a pic of those Hook's? 2 7/8's now thats a spur! Even 1 7/8 is a good spur!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

bambam

Great bird !!  Those spurs are HUGE !!

linemansteve

:holdon:   I should have worded that different he had a spur on each leg 7/8's of a inch long. sorry for any confusion it caused  Thanks Steve  :doh2:
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

markTNhunter

FinsnFur

And I know your decoy appreciated the back up :yoyo:
Nice job, awesome bird.
By the way...wow that mule glows! :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

:highclap: Good job, Steve! nice bird!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Heckuva nice bird Steve!! Congratulations!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

WTG, Steve!!  Thanks for the pics and story!  You done good!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Nice one, Steve!!   

lacie23

Hawks Feather

It has got to be bigger than what you posted since you couldn't carry it out.    :wink:   Nice bird.

Jerry