• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Started by pitw, April 21, 2011, 08:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

I soaked mine in a weak acid solution for a few hours to mimic being passed through a digestive track then put the seeds in the freezer In a bag with damp not wet potting soil for 4 months. Took them out and put each in its own peat starter. out of 50 seed I only had 7 not germinate. That was several years ago and most of the trees are doing fine. Lost some to an over zelous bush hog operator.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

vayotehowler

slag that is a great success rate , havent been that successful. but have several that are growing. I had one tree get to 2' last year anddied over the winter

Dave

Wow, what a nice package that was.  Your pics made it as though I was there.

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on April 21, 2011, 04:53:50 PM
I have enjoyed Barry and his family being on FinsandFur and hope they continue participating.

I have to agree.  I hope to see you and your boys (and daughter) start back on here in the future. 

slagmaker

Out of the 40 or so trees that were planted I think theres less than 20 left. The property that the trees are on was sold and the new owners none to friendly. I wish I know how they were producing. They were seeds from several diffrent areas so we could guarnateed fertilization from a broad spectrem.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

vayotehowler

I have another going right now. got two that are really solid and planted 18 more with Hunter friday night . told him one day we would get to hunt deer under them. runnning out of seeds . gave some to my brother and his didnt fair to well. I think the one that got to two feet last year is dead though hasnt sprouted this year.  they really are good if they grow for ya PIT. found seeds in turkey fox deer raccon and coyote scat . truly are a great wildlife fruit