• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Wyoming coyote hunt

Started by Frogman, July 05, 2011, 10:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Last year I hoped to drive out to Wyoming to hunt coyotes and prairie dogs.  But my wife was offered a trip to Las Vegas for a work conference and I went with her.  So I am now planning to go to Wyoming the last two weeks in September.  I have never been out West to hunt.  Do any of you have any suggestions about good places to go?  I'm thinking of the Eastern half of the state.  Places to stay?  Anyone on this forum live in Wy who might give me some tips?  I plan to drive out.  Do not have a camper, but may be able to rent one??  Any help would be appreciated!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Cant help ya with none of that as I'm way up here in the Tundra. But I can say this...You'r going to love it out there.
It's some beautiful country :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

Jim that sounds like on heck of a trip someday i plan on making a trip just like that last year at went to Columbus at the predator expo and i ran into a guy from Flambou  and we talked quit a bit about out west hunting he said he hunted the red desert alot ,heck im not sure what state it is in but it sure got my heart pounding.

HaMeR

I can't help you with any locations so I'll just mention to check their big game seasons & see where you can & can not go. Order some maps of the public lands out there & see what they have for zones then just use Google Earth or Bing maps to check the area out.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WldWldWest

Red Desert, South eastern Wyoming. Hunted Mulies ther several time's and cant wait to go back to Yote hunt it! It's a really cool place and some of the most beautiful scenery you'll ever see. The best advice I can give ya for Sept. is take your short pant's and your Heavy winter clothes! It could be 75 degrees one minute and Blowing snow the next! If ya have an ATV I would by all means take it with me and a REALLY GOOD GPS!

Thing about Wyoming is it has more public land than private so finding a place to hunt is not a problem and as soon as you tell some of the locals what your doing you will probably wind up with some private land to hunt as well!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!