• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Just got Back From Mississippi

Started by Bills Custom Calls, July 12, 2011, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

The wife and I took a road trip for my work to Jackson MS We left Sunday morning about 5am sorry no pics The further south we went the higher the temps went and of course we had no AC in the truck and temps reaching close to 100 I must have lost 10 pounds
We were 2 hours North of Jackson and I pulled off to put fuel in the truck and cool down a bit and Chris said hey the right front steer tire don't look right as I walked around the front of the truck I was very surprised that we didn't have a blow out I seen the tread was separating and could see the cords sticking out of the tire knowing then we could of had a blow out at any time we called it a night right there went in to the hotel and started calling around for a 24hr road service to put a tire on,got that taken care of just in time for supper then a good nights rest in a nice cool room.
I am not sure how you southern folks deal with the temps that high but I have made up my mind y'all can keep them  :laf:
We are home safe in the house with Central Air and cooling down
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FOsteology

Good thing that tire was spotted before getting back on the road.

As to the heat..... A/C is a must! That, or live like a vampire and only come out after the sun sets.  :laf:

coyote101

Glad you made it safely home Bill.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Yeah that sounds like a godsend, it got you into an AC filled room :biggrin:
And welcome home.

It's funny, you talk about the heat in the south, and your in Ohio. I'm in Wisconsin wondering how YOU deal with YOUR heat. :laf:
Heck I cant deal with my own. :whew:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Yeah night time driving is a good way to beat the heat but my eyes won't let me be any good at that

Jim when the time and temp sign flashes to damn hot instead of showing the #'s it is just to damn hot

As for seeing the tire while getting fuel i said also that was god sent
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

5 SHOTS

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 12, 2011, 08:21:43 PM
It's funny, you talk about the heat in the south, and your in Ohio. I'm in Wisconsin wondering how YOU deal with YOUR heat. :laf:
Heck I cant deal with my own. :whew:

Funny, I have the same thoughts about Wisconsin.  :innocentwhistle: :laugh2:
Good to see you made it home without melting too much, Bill.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

kyfuzzyface

Glad to hear you make it home safe Bill, sorry it didn't work out where we could have meet up in E-town
maybe on your next trip.
I think you brought that heat with you  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Fuzzy