• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Drive by shooting

Started by Ladobe, July 31, 2011, 03:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

Hey folks,

Been a while since I posted here... almost 3 years, but I recently contacted Jim and will be stopping by again.    Probably not for too much chit-chat though, the old bod just can't take much time on the computer anymore.   Have to take lots of long breaks after short sessions.

It's been a long, hard 3 years with a lot of stays of execution, but still kicking, just not as hard as I used to.    Just had another bomb added to my plate a couple of weeks ago, but I told the Doc I don't mind... will give me something new to do.   

BTW, NO, NO NO I do not make calls anymore.   :whew:   But as it cools off later this year so I can handle the storage garage I will start selling all my woods and tools for it.   Figured some here may be interested in some of it.

Also been selling all my firearms and am down from 65 to about 25.   Will keep a few  just for S&G, and in case I can ever use them again.      Some gear for predator and varmint hunting and reloading gear and supplies too as I get to it.

Kind of funny... about 6 months ago I decided to get rid of all my reloading and black powder, about $1400 worth when bought.    Took it to a dry lake bed out on the desert, dumped it in a swirl and set a long fuse so I could get away on my walker.    Sure made a great mushroom cloud - big enough I'm sure it was seen from Las Vegas.     :biggrin:

OK, the bod is yelling that I need one of those breaks...   cooler outside now (1 AM) so time for a smoke.

Later,

Larry
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Bills Custom Calls

Good to see your still around
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HuntnCarve

Larry, I hope the days ahead are much easier for you.  Sounds like you've been through a lot.  Good to see you back.  We'll all be pulling for you.

HuntnCarve
Dave

Hawks Feather

Larry,

It sure is good to hear from you.  I have wondered many times if you were still around Vegas or if you were in Hawaii.  With the quality of your firearms and woods, I am sure that you will have no problem selling them.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Hey Stranger, welcome back.  :wink:

FOsteology

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but dang glad to see posting again Larry!

Ladobe

Thanks for the WB's gents.   

Still in the only place where a dedicated sinner should be, Las Vegas (HI has been gone for years - can't travel anymore anyway).   I'll probably die here.   But I'm doing great and certainly don't need any bible thumping (don't believe in it anyway).   Have accepted my daily routine and make the best of it.   Also means I don't get out much, or ever out of my local area of the city.   Doubt I've put 150 miles on my truck the last year, and haven't driven the Corvette for three years.   Haven't shot a firearm for so long I may not remember how to.  LOL   Do see a few predators around my place even though I moved out of my big ranch house on the edge of the desert almost 2 1/2 years ago.   Now in city center, but it's the ranch/horse district though with big properties and fields - so the predators are here.   Wayne Newton lives just down the street and has about 75 horses on 52 acres.

I won't have much to add to any of the threads, but will try to come around on a regular basis.

Larry
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus