• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tough Spring and Summer

Started by JohnP, July 29, 2011, 11:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I'm not one to complain but boy things are just getting wild out here.  Although our house escaped the fire the landscape didn't and the mountain is a complete mess.  Brings a tear to my eye just to look at it.  Now that we are in the monson season the flooding has started as there is nothing  on the mountain to stop or at least slow down the water.  We have sand bags piled up at the back of the house which faces the mountain and now have started to sandbag the dry creek which runs through our property.  My lifelong project "The Rock Garden"  is 90 percent gone from the fire and the ensuing rains will probably get the remaining 10 percent!  Property value has dropped approximately $100,000.....Power company came out yesterday and had to replace two pole on the property due to the fire.  It's just one thing after another for the past two months.  To add insult to injury I can't left anything over ten pounds and can't walk hardly at all.  The gals have been doing all the heavy lifting and that really pisses me off!  Mandy filled 150 sandbags, loaded them on the truck and brought them home, unloaded and placed them.  Makes me feel useless. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

I feel for ya John. We'd all be hard pressed trying to find someone less deserving of it all. If it's any consolation, be it known your surrounded by a pretty big support team here.

And no matter how bad it gets, remember you still got your family :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Sorry to hear of all the things you're goin through John,
and how they're makin ya feel. Hang tough buddy. Focus
on the good, sometimes they're harder to see, but they're
there.
Scott

FOsteology

Dang John, sounds like you can't a break. 

coyote101

Sorry that things have been so tough lately Mr. JohnP. I'll be praying that things turn around for you in the very near future.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

When life throws rocks at me I try to think of the blessings I have.  Things could always be worse than they are. Your family is safe and you have people who care for you.  I know there are people out there who would trade places with you in a heart beat. 

You will get through this just like every other challenge you've faced in your life.  Never quit, never give up.