• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The final gorging

Started by FinsnFur, October 27, 2011, 08:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

The final gorging is going on up here as temps plummet into the high 30's at night and peak around 50 during the day.

Last year some of the best bass fishing took place this time of year under these conditions.
I headed down to the river tonight knowing full well I had less then an hour before it got dark.
As expected, it turned out NOT to be a waste of time :eyebrow:  I can't remember catching this many keepers in this short of time since last June when they were spawning. And these things were out for blood. The minute they hit they were ripping line off the spool. :sneer:
The smallest one was the first one pictured here, and I lost as many as I caught. They were so lively they were ripping them selves loose at the shoreline.

Look at the minnow trap on this beaut. I could easily get my leg in there.  :eyebrownod:

Wish I woulda had one of or all of the kids with me. This is the stuff they all talk about. :wink:
Mannnnn! that was one good hour of fishing :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Looks like a great afternoon Jim.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Tikaani

Good evening of fishing Jim, shame it did not last longer.  Most everything here is already frozen over LOL.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Hawks Feather

Looks like you had a great time, but I can understand how it would have been better if the kids would have been there with you.  That way you wouldn't need to fish - just take fish off of their lines.

Jerry

Dave

Now you have me wanting to break out some fishing gear. 

Hidehunter

:yoyo: Great evening for sure!!  Pouring the snow here today but supposed to be sunny and 50 tomorro so Im hoping to get on the water.  Hope I have as much luck as you did.
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Got up early this morning and tried to get back into some more :eyebrow:
It was so cold my fingertips were numbing. I had ice forming in the eyes of the pole.
And had to put some gloves on till mid morning.

They just weren't there like they were Thursday. The weather hadnt changed a bit, but it must have been then last poohah for sure, cause all I could get was these little 15 and 16 inchers.
Fished till 1:00 or so, came home and took a nap and went right back.  :laf: It's an addiction.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hidehunter

I cant believe you guys have more leaves on the trees than we do.  We got 4 inches of powder today.  Not gona get on the water tomorro because my father n law got me and the wife tickets to go see Skynyrd and ZZtop with him.
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

I dont think I'd pass that up either :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers