First dog down 2012

Started by titansfan2104, January 18, 2012, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titansfan2104

# of stands 1
# seen /killed 2/1
Location Smith county tn
Calls used- hand call
Gun- remington r15 204 with 32 grain v max.
Time and weather - 7:45 am cloudy, cold and wind out of the NE
Started back to this stand and noticed the wind was not in my favor so I started to leave but then decided to swing low and put the field in front of me with a direct crosswind. Started off with a soft 30 second  series from a hand call and waited for a minute and repeated this a couple times when I noticed a pretty blonde come out of the  cedar thicket and it stopped at about 150 yds. Well another soft series and it broke again and at 110 it froze again. By this time I had dropped the call and the first lip squeak caused the field to come alive at 75 yards right in front of me (I don't know where the heck he came from) he was just there right in the field with just a couple of bushes and trees. Well they both broke and the lead dog was working beneath a little rise downwind and I couldn't see him.
   I turned the scope down to 2 power as I looked for the back dog and they were both loving the lip squeaks about that time he lead dog topped the rise and I got back on him and at 25 yds I hit him dead center of the chest and swung to the other dog which was at 125yds and moving fast and slung three at it with no success. All the while looked up and this dog gets up and takes off (can you believe it)and makes it to 90 yds and I put another one in him and dropped him.
Glad I went aftter I got off work.

PIc of first shot . Don't know how he got back up Im holding one front leg up to get pic

vvarmitr

I believe it! I can believe it! ;yes;
:laf:

Good going Titan. Thanks for sharing it w/ us.  :biggrin:

titansfan2104

Well I'm glad someone does..lol my initial thought was crap, I must have hit him bad ( my shooting at ground hogs and crows has :yoyo: been rather horrible lately) but nope , right where I was aiming. I was very surprised to say the least!! Thanks for the comment , at least one person won't call me a liar.  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Geeez, you gotta like that!! :yoyo: Sounds like they was waiting for you to get there once you got out of work. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

titansfan2104

They actually were kinda. Old buddy called me when he passed me on the road said he had seen them out in his field around 6:30. So I went and set up and sure enough they came running  in. He has called once before but I had no luck using my fox pro cs24. I'm really liking my hand calls more and more compared to the ecall. Might just sell it even though its only about 6 months old!! Lol  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Good stuff, I like how ya wrote it with the details first.

Nice stringer of noise makers too.  :biggrin:

Frogman

I appreciate the fine write up and pictures!!

Good shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

Nice job; congratulations on the hunt.  :congrats: :congrats: Thanks for the pictures and story.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

CONGRADULATIONS on a tuff critter!! :yoyo: It's amazing how much damage they can take, then get up and run some more.

WldWldWest

Congrats on a good Yote Chad!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

code

My Grandpa hit one 6 times at 50yds with a 223. they are a strong animal. Good job :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

markTNhunter

:highclap:  :highclap: good storie nice yote stay afterem

deerdad

Good Shootin Tex! Good Lookin Dog Congrats!
"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid!"

titansfan2104

Quote from: vvarmitr on January 18, 2012, 11:30:32 AM
I believe it! I can believe it! ;yes;
:laf:

Good going Titan. Thanks for sharing it w/ us.  :biggrin:
I know this is an older thread but after reading through every page (not thread) of the predator portion of this forum and reading most of the interesting topics I have a question... Could you believe that the dog got back up and ran or are you saying its an actual hunt/scenario that you can believe  :laf:
Because I read some interesting stories about certain things happening that people "didn't" believe. And after learning a little history I kinda laughed when I read the post this post... Either way, I find after reading and doing a little history lesson on fnf that I don't want to be a pro staff, make howlers, claim that howling is the only way or tell about the time I called in a dog on every other stand I made this year!!! Lol  no harm intended but I did enjoy the history !! Some of yall are riots!!!

Uhadme@gobble

Congrats on a fine hunt!!! Thanks for sharing!!