• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Yote Yoda's first "Coyote"

Started by possumal, January 07, 2012, 09:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Thought some of you guys and gals might find it interesting to see Yote Yoda's first "Coyote".  He killed this rascal back in 1988, way before he talked me into giving the game a try.  He was so excited that he couldn't wait to get a full body mount done by a taxidermist he knew, so off he went.  Turns out it was a coydog, and a beauty at that.  He has put many coyotes down since those early days and is surely a hard and proficient hunter now.  I killed my first coydog on the same farm that Yoda killed this one.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

Is that a fox squirrel in the 2nd pic?

possumal

Yep, we have a lot of them with the white on their nose section, and another strain with black on their underside all the way from the tip of their tail to their lower jaw.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

I wish we had them big suckas up here !

possumal

Nasty, when I had my country store in Mercer County, I did a lot of squirrel hunting.  Plenty of squirrels then, plenty of squirrels now.  There are areas where the fox squirrel is more prevalent, with the greys being thick in thicker woodlots with a lot of cedars, grapevines, etc..  Young fox squirrels are some good eating, and that's a fact.  More to eat, ya know.  If you can ever get away for a few days, come on down and I'll take the old 22 back out and put you into all the fox squirrels you want.  Might put you on a good coyote stand or two if you act nice. :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

I got to be honest here Al, and nothing against you at all. But I dont like it.
It looks like something from Phineas & Ferb, or it was submerged in a flood.

I think if my taxidermist gave me that, I'd shoot it again, and then turn and shoot him. :laf:

But seriously, it's pretty cool that you got something to remind you of his first one. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

With those colors I would have never thought that it was a coyote.  And I have to agree with Jim that the taxidermist that did the work should be stuffed.

Jerry

possumal

I thought he captured just what the animal looked like, including the coke bottle tail.  He doesn't look like 100% coyote because he isn't.  As far as the coloring goes, when I killed a similar one, he came bouncing in to the call in that typical stiff legged hop, and at that time of day, I had no idea what color he was.  I doubt that Yoda knew the color scheme either.   On this particular farm, a lot of you shots are in the 150 to 200 yard range if you get a shot at all.  As Jimbo said, it is cool he has something to remember his first one by.  By the way, a lot of the black phase coyotes don't appear like a regular colored one either.  :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Dave

Not sure what that looks like.  A cross between a husky, corgi, and a little bit of coyote.  I saw one somewhat similar killed in upstate PA a few years back.
The fox squirrel looks good.

titansfan2104

Short legged joker!!! From the side looks like a cross between a husky and a bull terrier..lol