• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Semp woke them up this morning

Started by coyote101, December 08, 2011, 11:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Semp and I met up this morning and headed for the turkey woods. We were set up in the woods before 6:00 waiting for the turkeys to wake up. As it began to get light a few turkeys were visible in the treetops in the distance. Semp called a few times and in a few minutes a turkey flew into the top of a tree about forty yards away. Pretty soon they started coming in droves. Most of them flew over our heads into a field behind us, but several landed in the trees around us and one little hen landed on the ground about twenty yards to our front. Semp let her have it with a 3 1/2 inch load of number 4s and that was it. Nothing left to do but pick her up, carry her out of the woods and go to breakfast.     

A short video of Semp as he retrieved his bird.

Semp is pretty old and had a hard time lifting his big old hen.

Another shot of Semp and his wicked Benelli.

A good day to be in the woods.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

Now that is the way ya do it. Congrats on a succesfull hunt. :highclap: Glad Semp made it out of the woods carring that heavy load.  :biggrin:

You sure you didnt have to help him pack it out Pat. :alscalls:

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

Man that looks like fun!  I've never hunted turkeys.

Nothing like the pleasure of a good breakfast with meat already in the vehicle.  Wish I could have joined you two.

KySongDog

I guess the cat is out of the bag now.  :eyebrownod:    Coyote101 has a gin-u-wine HONEY HOLE full of turkeys.   :laf:

I don't know how many there were but all I can say is there was a BIG bunch of 'em.  Pat generously invited me to join him at his place after I whined about how bad the hunting was down at my little farm.  With the huge amount of rain we've been getting I am all but flooded out.  Plus I've got loggers on the property which doesn't help much either.

After it got daylight, I called a little just to let them know a bird was on the ground.  They then started swarming the trees.  A bunch flew out to the field but several flew to trees right above Pat and I.  I had one swoop in and thought she was going to land in my lap until she flared off.  Then a huge (52 lb) hen landed right in front of me.  (see pic I couldn't hardly pic her up)  Since everything we saw was hens I figured why wait any longer.  So down she went.  We were out of the woods and back to the truck by 7:45am.  We then had a great breakfast and, on the way home, I was wishing every day would be this great.   

Thanks a million, Pat!  I had a great time.   :yoyo:

HaMeR

Looks like Pat has those rascally birds all figured out already Semp!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Congratulations on a fine hunt with Pat!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Congratulations to you and the guide.  Seems like it was another good day for a hunter in turkey territory.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Beautiful! Congrats on the bird Semp.  And Kudos to the guide :wink:

Hey I couldnt help but notice how fast the video got shut off once the camera was spotted :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

kyfuzzyface

WTG Semp and Pat  :highclap:
That putin them to bed usely does the trick !!!
Wow 52 lbs should be a state record  :confused:
Fuzzy

KySongDog

Quote from: kyfuzzyface on December 08, 2011, 05:34:47 PM
Wow 52 lbs should be a state record  :confused:

That's not only a state record but also a WORLD record too.   :eyebrownod:

weedwalker

Congrats to both of you guys on gittin er done. :highclap: :highclap:

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Biscuit

Congrats fellas :yoyo: Sounds like it was a great time. Semp if you need help eating that 52lb turkey just bring it along to LBL and i will see what i can do to help!! :eyebrow:

iahntr

Scott

riverboss

Way to go Semp and a great job to Coyote 101 for showing you his  honey hole!! That didnt sound rite :laf:

5 SHOTS

That bird only looks little because Semp is so BIG. Great that you guys can hook up and hunt like that.  :yahoo:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

nastygunz

Tikaani

I have to call bull$hit on Semp being to old and having hard time lifting that turkey Pat.  :eyebrownod:  Congrats to both of you.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

possumal

Hey Semp, you plan on baking that hen, deep frying her, or just carry her around for awhile?  Should be fine eating.  :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Dave

Sounds like a great hunt.  It always is when you can grab breakfast and filled out a tag.
Quote from: FinsnFur on December 08, 2011, 04:31:08 PM
Hey I couldnt help but notice how fast the video got shut off once the camera was spotted :alscalls:

I saw him notice the camera, too, and thought "oh jees, here comes the bird."  :alscalls:

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen