• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Thoughts / Opinions Sought Regarding Taxidermy

Started by FOsteology, December 01, 2011, 08:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Received word that all the documents and bureaucratic paperwork is in order, and my leopard has been cleared for shipment/export. Will likely make it's way across the pond and cleared by USFWS after the holidays.

Consideration now has to be made on how to have him mounted. I've narrowed my choices down to the following:

Obviously the decision will ultimately be mine alone, as I'm the one who will have to look at the gato everyday! Just throwing it out their to see what the fellow FnF'ers think.
I'm leaning towards the first mount pictured....

Todd Rahm

CCP

I like the 1st mount I also like the 4th mount except for the way the ears were done.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Hawks Feather

coyote101

I like the first one, but my wife likes the second.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

I used to have 115lb Golden Retriever who wouldnt harm a soul. He was all heart from nose to tail.

But to this day I will never forget the looks on peoples faces when they stepped into the house and he would every so slowly rise up off the floor, front shoulders first without ever losing eye contact with them. :laf:

I mean thats a lot of dog to be getting eye balled by, and the gesture (although wrong) given by that posture was a little more then most people expected.

I always told myself that if I ever got a big cat or wolf mounted I was going to have it in that pose. It's natural, and it makes people do a double take.
Almost the complete opposite of your first pic/.  Getting up instead of going down.  High shoulders, etc

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

If you have the space and the right place for it, # 1 is the most dramatic.

Yotehntr

I hate to sound like a broken record Fos, but #1 is my favorite... he's really putting the "hunt on"... I like it!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

I like the look of the hunt too. Jim's idea is killer. But I really like the majestic look of #4.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

yeah that's kinda tuff, there all nice in there own way.
I'm leanin towards one or two.
Scott

Carolina Coyote

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

bambam

Biscuit

1 and 5 would be my choices. Really like Jims option.