• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got out yesterday...

Started by Hidehunter, December 30, 2011, 10:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Me and my cousin and Brother went chasing them big Cranberry Coyotes yesterday.  Its the big woods that I was asking about hunting on a previous thread.  We didnt get to shoot but I did have 3 different dogs to answer us but were to far away.  Had one that circled downwind of us about 300 yards away.  We would have never known he was there if it hadnt been for the tracks in the snow.  Cut a couple REALLY BIG coyote tracks.  Them yotes had to have gone 50lbs.  Some of the biggest tracks I have ever seen. 

The only bad part of the day was we took 2 different vehicles to park in 2 different areas.  That way we could hunt and cover more ground without having to walk back to vehicle.  When we got up from our last stand and headed toward my brothers truck, he realized that he had forgot his keys in my truck.  We had to walk all the way back  .  LOL I told him if the tuffest and smartest sperm was the one that fertilized the egg, I would have hated to seen his competition.  Anyway here are a couple pics I took.  It was a beautiful morning to be in the woods.

My cousin and lil bro (a couple of goobers lol)
Denver                                           

Biscuit

I like the comment to your brother. Im  going to have to steal that one :biggrin: Nice photos and any day out hunting is a good day!! :wink: 

wv-outdoor

It's fun hunting these hills here in WV. Seem to be having the same luck I have. Yet to call a yote in these hills.

Never been to the cranberry but I keep telling myself I'm going to backpack in one day and trout fish there. Keep at it and good luck.