• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Girl, 9, Attacked By Coyote Outside Home.

Started by nastygunz, January 19, 2012, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Girl, 9, Attacked By Coyote Outside Home
Heavy Coat Protected Girl, Mother Says

January 17, 2012

ATKINSON, N.H. -- An Atkinson, N.H., girl was attacked by a coyote while playing outside her friend's home in Haverhill, Mass., on Monday afternoon.

Alex Cazmay, 9, was not seriously hurt, but had some scratches and bruises on her arms. Her mother, Brianne Cazmay, said it could have been a lot worse if Alex hadn't been wearing a heavy winter coat.

"It bit me again and again, and then I ran inside," Alex Cazmay said.

Cazmay was taken to an area hospital for a tetanus shot and the first round of a rabies vaccine.

"Her bum is pretty swollen. It's got a big scratch across it, but that's nothing compared to what it could have been," Brianne Cazmay said.

Brianne Cazmay said she was frantic when she first got the call from the mother who was watching Alex and her friend.

"She was like, 'Hi, Alex is fine.' I'm like, 'But?' She was like, 'Alex was bitten by a coyote.' I was like, 'What?'" Brianne Cazmay said.

Brianne Cazmay said she's never even seen a coyote in person before. Alex showed her a picture of a coyote on her phone and said it was the one that bit her.

"You hear a lot about them going after small animals, because that's their prey, not usually people," Brianne Cazmay said.

The Cazmay family said it alerted Haverhill police and Animal Control about the incident. They said they have been on the lookout for that coyote.

Meanwhile, the Cazmays said Alex has not wanted to go outside since the attack. She will have three more rabies vaccines over the next several days.

riverboss

Sounds like A great animal control dept they should find it and save that girl from those shots if not needed.

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on January 19, 2012, 12:20:57 PM
The Cazmay family said it alerted Haverhill police and Animal Control about the incident. They said they have been on the lookout for that coyote.

:doh2: :iroll: Only coyote in the area I spose :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com