• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

GOBBLER on opening morning TN

Started by markTNhunter, March 31, 2012, 10:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

It was a slow morning i got sit up before daylight on a big hard wood ridge,i was hunting public land so at the crack of daylight it sounded like  hoot owl convention  :madd: i could hear people all over the mountain blowin there hooters.I done some fly down cakkles and about 10 min. here came 2 hens but that was about it for that spot i could hear people all morning back up on the road driving back an fourth so i decided to stay put,then about 10:30 the road hunters seem to calm down lol so i decided to get up and go find a HOT BIRD.The third place i stopped i walked out on a ridge and stepped out on a rock over hang and done 2 load cutts with my mouth call and BOOM he let out a double gobble that shook the tree tops so i back up about 20 yards to an old 4 wheel trairl an quickly sitt down made 2 soft yelps and a purr 30 seconds he pops over the hill 20 yards and i let him have a load of remington 3 1/2 in. nitro turkey to the the head bang flopp and of course about 5 min of dieing wing flapps 11:40 bird down.
img]

18.6 lbs  11 in. beard 1 1/4 in. spurr

img]

FinsnFur

Absolutely beautiful :yoyo:
I hope you didnt clean it yet. :doh2: If you can take pics with something that says FnF and the date, you can enter in the turkey contest were discussing.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

It don't get no better than that.  Congrats!   :congrats:

Dave

That's great!  Congrats.
We have to wait til April 28th for our season.   :sad:

HaMeR

Congratulations on a fine bird Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

kyfuzzyface

Congrats on a nice Bird  :highclap: :highclap:
Looking forward to Ky opening Morning  :biggrin:
Fuzzy

markTNhunter

JIM hes already turkey strips and nuggets LOL ill enter the next one

riverboss

Nice bird for sure :highclap:I cant wait till next weekend its youth season and im taking someone.

possumal

Gobble, gobble to you, Mark.  Fine turkey.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Coulter

Nice going on a fine bird...congrats. I didn't realize the Tennessee season opened so early. I may have to try for a trip down there one of these years.

Steve

shaddragger

:yoyo: Good job waiting out the traffic! Lots of folks give up just when things heat up!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Okanagan

blacky

Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

WldWldWest

Look at the paint brush hanging off that one :highclap:

Great bird...Congrats!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!