• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Who do ya think is responsible for this?

Started by FinsnFur, October 01, 2012, 10:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I couldnt help posting this once I seen it. I was gonna keep my mouth shut and just let it ride but I gotta share it. :laf:
I have a habit of surfing the web looking at websites in a much different way then most. I like to look at a lot of them internally. Basically the code side of them.
Why?  :shrug: It's interesting... I dunno...the geek in me I guess...cause I know how... and to be nosey :shrug:

Let me give ya a quick... one, two.. of what I noticed tonight.
Website meta tags are basically descriptions of a web site.  They are sentences and words used to describe a site. They are hidden from the public in the sites source code and only seen by search engines. They are used by the search engine to describe the site when that particular search engine shows the sites listing in a particular search list.
So if you type in whocares.com (assuming there was a site called whocares.com) the information you see in the search results describing the site would be based on the meta tags for that site.
The webmaster (creator of the site) is responsible for placing these in the source code for the search engines to find.

The following screen shot is a.... well yea....a screen shot of PM's current source code. Take a look at the highlighted meta tag. :alscalls: (click the image to enlarge it)

PACTED!!!  Really?  LMAO! :alscalls:
Crap I just spilled my icetea :doh2:

The guy responsible for it even left his signature. LOL! (pictured below) Ummmm yeah   :iroll:
(click the image to enlarge it)

Now this is the one that kills me. If you've been paying attention you probably know by now that there are meta tags for the sites title, it's description, it's author, what was used to build the site, and of course KEY WORDS.
Keywords are words that are used throughout a pages content which also dictate the sites content. These are typically words that you want to be found by when someone does a Google search etc. But you cant just use words you want to be found by. They must be in your pages too, and the more a word is used, the better that keyword it is. You can use whatever you want for keywords. But if they arn't widely used on the pages they'll do no good anyway. kinda like wishful thinking.

Take a look at this keyword. LOL! :alscalls:
(click the image to enlarge it)

Yeeeeeeeeah!...how many people actually search that word? :laf: ROFLMAO!
I'm thinking that keyword isnt a real big seller. :innocentwhistle: :laf:

No big deal, who's gonna see it anyway, right?
WRONG! :laf: :alscalls:

Ok the cats out of the bag...how long do you think it'll be before someone over there see's or hears about this post and scrambles to fix at least the spelling error that has now been on every search engine in the world for the past 5 plus years. :doh2: :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

That crew just keeps satirizing themselves!  Internet amateurs as well Predator Amateurs.  Great find.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dave

Pact?
Isn't that something that gay guys do behind closed doors?

KySongDog