• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I'm on the board

Started by Dave, November 10, 2012, 02:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Watched a BIG 9 point chasing a doe most of the morning, but she refused to drag him by my tree.  One of the nicest looking bucks I've seen while hunting.  Wide, high and long tine length.  The closest they got was probably 80 yards.  I hunted until 10 am when I knew the buck was across the road and back to his home turf.
On my drive home, not a 1/2 mile from where I was hunting, I saw a doe standing right next to the road.  I drove by about 10 mph looking for the stud that's pushed her to here.  Not seeing anything I turned around at the next road and drove back.  This time I saw her suitor, standing back behind some brush.  I pulled into the next driveway 200 yds down the road and called Tom.  Tom's a realtor, and the driveway I pulled into was a mansion that was abandoned several months back.  Tom's buddy manages the property and gave me the go ahead.  I snuck down along the side of the property, along a pond and planted myself along one of his probable escape routes.  Within 10 minutes the game was on and the doe was moving toward me.  There really wasn't much of a choice as to where to go as there were a few homes around, and it was either across open lawns, across the roadway, or past me waiting along a streamed in a strip of woods 60 yards wide.  They were about 30 yards away, and he gave me a 1/4ing away shot.  Almost didn't take it, but he waited there for 2 to 3 minutes and I broke down (I say break down b/c this isn't really the way I wanted to fill my tag - I'd rather take one from a tree stand with them moving naturally through pre-scouted trails).  Anyway, he gave me enough time to confirm that 10th point, and then he became history, and my first ever 10 point.  I gutted him there and brought it to a friends house for a few pics.

bambam

weedwalker

Very nice buck Dave!! Congrats!! :congrats:

Frogman

Wow!!  That's a dandy!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyotehunter_1

Dave, I know a bunch of dedicated deer hunters that would give a month's wages just to get a shot at a boss buck like that one.

Well done! :highclap: :congrats:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

riverboss

Hawks Feather

That is one NICE looking buck!

Jerry

coyote101

Congratulations Dave, that's a beauty.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

code

Beautiful buck right there.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Dave

THanks guys.  If that nine point were walking next to this one, you'd only be seein the nine.  He was a beast, and at least one or two years older than this guy.!
I'm good with it all, though, and am psyched to fill my tag.   Only one day left to our regular archery season.  Then regular buck season opens in about two weeks, for two weeks, and then winter archery after Christmas (by winter archery you need to pry these guys out of the thickets as they're completely nocturnal).   

FinsnFur

Yeah he's a nice bodied deer. Good job Dave :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Very well done my Friend! That buck is a dandy!  So now you can add your share to the family freezer along side Dantes and Sarahs.  :congrats:  You folks are having a wonderful year. :highclap:

HuntnCarve
Dave

HaMeR

Very nice buck indeed Dave!!!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Yea Man !!!! Take one like that anytime the opportunity presents it. Very nice Buck.  :highclap:  :highclap:  :highclap: cc

nor-cal yote

never yell whoa in a horse race