• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My thoughts exactly.....

Started by coyote101, January 02, 2013, 11:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Reprinted from The Blaze

One U.S. Marine was more than a little displeased with California Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s draconian gun control proposal, which includes an assault weapons ban and provisions on handguns and even “grandfathered weapons.”

The letter, written by U.S. Marine Joshua Boston, was titled “No ma’am” and was first posted on CNN iReport on Dec. 27. The letter has since gone viral and has been shared extensively on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, as it seemingly has resonated with a segment of the American population.

Read Boston’s entire “No ma’am” letter below and then share it with others:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Scott

Dave

Wow, that is right on the money.

HaMeR

Most or our guns are registered to one of us ONCE already. The rest were registered to someone else ONCE.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hidehunter

I hope she read this!!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Denver                                           

FOsteology

Jefferson and his fellow authors were correct in the Second Amendment, "...necessary to the security of a free state." Not, necessary for hunting, nor necessary for sporting events nor anything else. Necessary to the security of a free state.

This right is more than a privilege, it is a duty of the citizenry to maintain vigilance against tyranny. Had the peoples of the United States not been so armed, certainly absolute tyranny would have befallen us generations ago.

The cost of maintaining liberty is and always has been, paid in blood. Too often, the blood of innocents, of which the blood of heroes adds only in drops to the rivers spilled.

If we are to live in a society of freedom and liberty, we must be prepared to defend it with our lives and that last line is the people themselves, armed and prepared to defend themselves.

The necessary cost of freedom is that the firearms used to protect it will from time to time, fall into the wrong hands, be used for wrong purposes, or even cause harm in accidents. If we are to live in freedom, we must be prepared to pay the cost and bear the burden of doing so. Sadly, that includes the loss of innocent life at the hands of monsters. We must do all that we can to prevent tragedies like this by stopping these monsters before they do harm.

To abdicate the responsibility of defense of freedom in the name of security, will do nothing but ensure the loss of both. The 20th century gave rise to more innocent blood spilled, by the hands of their own governments, than at any point in human history. Fascists and communists and dictators of all stripes oppressed and systematically murdered their own citizens on a scale that is not humanly imaginable. Stalin and Mao are responsible for at least 60 million innocent humans, their own subjects, being slaughtered.

To think we Americans are somehow exempt from the same fate is ludicrous. At some point, the very last line of defense is an armed citizenry, prepared and equipped to resist oppression.

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!