• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I got a new carry piece

Started by bigben, April 28, 2013, 05:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

For a year or more now dad has been looking for a decent carry gun. He settled on a tarus .380 like i have but the past few months they have been like hens teeth to find. I seen a used one for 200 bux and i was mad at myself for not buying it then. Till dad got to the shop an hour later they had it sold. So i have been going to the two local gun shops atleast once a week for a few months now. I almost had him talked into a lc9 but he wants something small. Well your prob wondering how this has anything to do with me.

Thursday i swung up to the lgs and behold there was a xds that was really fresh. I told the owner to stick in the safe with a c note to hold it for me. I didnt even have to fondle it cause a friend let me shoot his xds a couple months prior. I left the shop and txt my father to see if he would like to buy my .380. He said sure so friday afternoon i went back to the lgs and picked her up.

Pic of it and one of the included 5 rd mags

Next to my 1911. Notice the bright sights.

On top of my 1911 to show size.

Lineup of the 1911 xds and a pt738 .380

This litle gun actually shoots nice. Accurate at the ranges it needs to be and actually bites less then the .380 did. It came with the typical xd add ons springfield includes. This is the second springfield i have bought and i am more then happy with both of them. My 1911 will break clays at 25 yds most of the time offhand and on a bench forget about it. Very accurate gun. The xds will hit a clay at 10 yds offhand and that is more then suitable. Its a dream to carry. Id recomend it to anyone looking for a carry pistol.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Dave

Frogman

Very nice.  I like the xd's!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Sweeeeet! You went UP in size compared to your Taurus there.
Those small ones are so easy to carry, it leaves no more excuses NOT to. I love my lil P11.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Nice grab. I love my XD40 and carries well.     I'm still gona look for a a few smaller ones though.  :biggrin: (just cause the wife is getting into it and I better get them while I can.)

bigben

Its funny you mention that jim. I asked a gunnut at the range what he carried daily. I know he likes snub nose revolvers and 1911 and he reached past the snub tucked in his waist band for his pocket and pulled out a xds. I showed hum the taurus i carried and he said yer still young if ya just piss him off you can beat the hell out of him. Carry a 45 and you dont have no worries. I had been carrying my 1911 but now that its getting warmer this xds will fit nice.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.