• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bad News

Started by JohnP, April 10, 2013, 05:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Well the old doc finally put his foot down.  Told me two weeks ago that unless we sell our place and move into the city I would have to find a new doctor.  It has just got to be to much work out here.  All the livestock is gone, all the leased pasture will not be re-newed and that acreage that we have long term leases on will be sub-leased to a rancher friend.  All the work now around the house will be maintenance only, no new projects, rockgarden is at a stand still.  Found a house in town that "she" likes and made a bid on it Monday and they accepted.  Closing is scheduled for 15 May.  Not going to put our place up for sale yet.   If this dang city living don't set to well with me I'll be back to the mountain. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

gravesco hunter

I would hate to have to move to the city,i feel your pain

KySongDog

Reality sometimes smacks us in the face.  What I want to do and what I can do is becoming more and more two different things.  Good luck!

I honestly doubt that you will turn in to a "city slicker".   :nono:

Hawks Feather

John,

As long as the doctor doesn't tell you that you can't drive outside the city limits you will be fine.  How big is this city that you will be moving to?

Jerry

Hawks Feather

John,

I was just thinking - sort of at least.  Can't you start a rock garden inside the city limits?

Jerry

bambam

Hope all works out well for you John.

Personally, I would tell any doctor who told me that to kiss my @$$.

I would rather die than live in a city.

FinsnFur

Yeah, how big is this city?
If it doesnt set well with you, you'll be back in the mountain? I can tell you right now it's not going to set well with you. :nono: It'll come down to how high your tolerance levels are :eyebrow:
I hope the best for you and like Semp says, "I honestly doubt that you will turn in to a "city slicker".   :nono:

You can take the boy out of the country, but you'll never take the country out of the boy. Were rooting for ya John :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

John, I'm kinda bothered for you.  What difference does it make to the doc where you live as long as you show up for appointments?  He's not making house calls.  I don't get that one but maybe there's something I'm not considering.

JohnP

Guess I should explain the relationship between "Doc" and me.  I first meet him back in 1966, he was just a young medic assigned to our team.  On a mission that didn't go to well for us I was the lucky winner of two rounds, one in my shoulder and one in my chest.  Doc came to my rescue and from what I'm told saved my life.  He never left my side and when the dust off ship came in he insisted that he stay with me until they got me to a field hospital.  I never saw him again until we were getting ready for another mission many many years later.  We were told that the DoD had assembled a group of the best doctors in the Army and would be on standby in the staging area wile we were "someplace else", when we got to our staging area among the group of doctors was a white haired distinguished looking gentlemen - who looked familiar.  It was "Doc" our young medic from Vietnam.  After he got discharged he went to med school became a "real" doctor and rejoined the Army.  He remembered me and said he had thought of me often and was glad to see me alive, as he thought I would surely die.  He also said that he hoped this mission was not a repeat of the last one we shared.  We have kept in constant contact since then.  I retired in 84 and he a few years later.  I talked him into coming out here and setting up shop and he did.  We have been the best of friends ever since, hunting, fishing, family outings, etc.  I once trusted him with my life and I still do.  There are several medical reasons we should leave the mountain, remoteness and time to get to a medical facility being only one.

P.S.  He does make house calls but only if I promise the best bourbon I can afford.

Okanagan

Thank you, for the story and for your service.  I am humbled and retract everything I said.  He's a friend who cares for you and happens to be your doctor.

Hawks Feather

The Doc does seem to be someone who is looking out for your best interests and knows your medical history better than any of us.  From what you have said I would be inclined to follow his suggestions.  Not only that, but if you are closer you can spend more time with him doing the things that you two like to do.

Jerry

iahntr

Well, sometimes ya do what ya gotta do.
Hopin the best for ya John.
Scott

JohnP

All is not lost.  After church today Marge said "let's drive past the house".  As we turned onto our street there was a truck in front of us towing a bass boat.  We followed him down the street and as we got closer to our place he turned on his turn signal.  Lives almost directly across the street from us.  I take that as a good sign. 

Jerry nothing to stop me from working on a new rock garden, except there are no dang rocks in the city!  Population is less than 20K.