Started by snafu, May 08, 2013, 06:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

Thanks for sharing these Snafu.
It's really appreciated.   :wink:

snafu

Sure thing vvarmitr. I like pics too.
------------------------------------
I called the guy who had the recent puma sighting. He told me it happened around 11:05 pm, two nights ago. He was zipping down the highway heading to work. When something crossed fast(a blur) in front of him. So he stared off into the far ditch to see what it was. Right then he looked back ahead on the highway. Suddenly a large puma leaped across real close in front of him. He hit the brakes hard & just missed it. He said, it leaped from one side of the highway to the other road shoulder. Then paused for a second. Then leaped from the shoulder...over the ditch & fence & into the field. He said he couldn't believe how fast it was or how far it leaped.  The puma came from a rock quarry nearby.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

nailbender

Doesn't that start to grate a little after awhile?  They run out for everybody except the guy with the gun. :shrug:

snafu

Yeah it does, Dave. I can't quit thinking about that damn puma. I'm going to do some looking tomarrow. See if I can't find a track where he said it crossed. Its around 12 miles or so from where I live. He told me that was his 2nd sighting. His 1st sighting happened around 7yrs ago. Not far from this sighting. I looked the area over on a Sat map. I have some new areas to hunt next season. 

nailbender

I still remember not so many years back,  everyone thought we were nuts saying there was cougars in Iowa, :laf:  Still burns me that a deer hunter got that 1st one in 130+ yrs.  I put a lot of time in for that goal.

snafu

I hunted almost every day last yr. From post Harvest up until this last April 1st. Alot of hunt time, alot of gas down the tube. No matter, it will be all worth it. When I put one down, one hunter one puma.