• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lead smelter plant closing

Started by HaMeR, December 25, 2013, 06:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

I did a quick look here & didn't find this article even tho this is where I thought I read it 1st. Anywho,, here it is again.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/2/obamas-epa-smelter-closing-will-not-affect-ammunit/?page=all
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

I don't know if I totally agree with the article saying that closing the plant will not have an effect on prices of ammunition.  I think it will be just one more reason for it to go higher - even though it should not.  That doesn't mean that the lead used in bullets will cost any more than it has in the past, but it is a good excuse for the price to go higher.  The last ammo purchase that I did for the Fish and Game was August 12, 2012 - just over a year ago.  I purchased Federal .22LR in the 525 count box for $19.99.  You can still see that price in places that do not have any listed, but won't find it for places that do have it in stock.  The local gun dealer has 500 for $49.99 and the pawn shop has 500 for $85.00.  I know that this is supply and demand, but wonder what the prices will be when the supply catches up with the demand. 

Jerry

gravesco hunter

i never in my wildest dreams would have thought we would see 22 ammo that price,i used to plink a lot now not very often

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 25, 2013, 08:44:57 AM
  I know that this is supply and demand, but wonder what the prices will be when the supply catches up with the demand. 

Jerry

I'm wondering if the supply WILL catch up with the demand
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Now that manufactures and retails stores have seen that the public will pay quadruple plus for there products it will never be as before.

If they are making 400% more profit it would be hard to ever return to 5%-20% profit. Only thing will make it go back down is more new ammo manufacturing companies starting up.

Bans on using lead to make ammo is what will be a big deal in the coming years. I wonder how a no leaded .22 rim fire will be in the standard  1-16 twist for the past century effect accuracy? Will we need to upgrade all our .22 rim fires with different twist to accommodate the lighter  rounds or the longer bearing surface bullets to get the same weight bullets?
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Carolina Coyote

If Ammo is made from recycled lead ( Batteries etc ) then where will  the lead come from to make the batteries and what is going to happen to the price of batteries.??  And Obama Care was suppose to lower the cost of medical insurance and you could keep your doctor and your insurance plan that you have now. I ain't believing nothing that comes out of the mouth of these people.  :readthis: cc