• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Finally Did It

Started by JohnP, January 17, 2014, 11:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Finally did it got rid of the mountain home and all the property, move is complete.  I am now a bon-a-fide city dweller - ugh!
Ever since we mentioned selling the property our youngest daughter, Mandy, said she wished she had the money to buy it.  She grew up there, working the cattle, hunting, and just having a good time as any child should.  Took her and our son-in-law and the two boys to dinner last night after dinner we slid a key across the table to her.  She asked if we were going away for a vacation and she was to look after the new place.  Told her no it's the key to her new house.  I can’t describe the look on her face but it brought tears to not only her but to Marge and me.   

Her first Coues.

First 4H project.

Last but not least “Bucky”, I think I posted about Bucky in a thread a year or so ago.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

WOW!

Tears on the keyboard.

Carolina Coyote

Great, very heart warming, you should have taken a picture, a  wonderful gift of love.  :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats: cc

coyote101

What a great gift Mr. JohnP.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

wonderfull gift.

standup thing to do
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Frogman

Wow!!  You done good.  I bet she is really happy!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Dave

What a great story, John.  Thanks so mush for sharing!
Love the pictures, too. 
AND, I don't think you "Finally did it."  It should read "I finally don't have to do it!"
- Very happy for you and your family!!!

HuntnCarve

What more can I say that hasn't already been said...Ultimately in this life we strive to do for our children.  So that they can do for theirs.  That's just they way it is meant to be.  You are the finest kind of folk John and Marge.  Well done! :congrats:

Dave

KySongDog

possumal

John P, that is as good as it gets.  I am happy you could do something like that for a beautiful daughter. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

Ill betcha them 2 boys will grow up and love the place as much as you! Buckys a tank!

FinsnFur

Ho Lee Craaaaaap I cannot even image the look on her face.
That is so cool John :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Congratulations   and Condolences also.   Letting go of your home is tough.  Passing it on to the right owner is a hard decision.  Your daughter had to be awestruck!    Pretty  cool.

Hawks Feather

That was just plane old GREAT!  Great thing to do.  Great that she was interested in it.  Great that you will be able to visit.  And Great that you won't have to take care of it.  Great that Glen and I have a place to come and get warm.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Your one GREAT man John! Thanks for sharing!

centerfire_223

John you da man!! Hope I can do something that special for my kids one day.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FOsteology

Wonderful that you and your wife were in the position to be able to do this for your daughter and grandchildren. Keeping the place within the family, building even more cherished memories for years to come.

HaMeR

Very nice thing to do Mr. John!! The old home place couldn't be in better hands. Ya done good!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

Just had to revisit this John as it's touching on many levels....

The fond memories that you and your wife have of the place, watching your daughter grow up and experience all that it has to offer. And now watching your grandchildren have the same opportunity..... and knowing that future generations of your clan will enjoy and appreciate it, all the while making wonderful memories has to put a huge smile on your face and a warm fuzzy in your heart.

Priceless...

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen