• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What is your "Conditio sine qua non"?

Started by FOsteology, March 14, 2014, 09:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

What is, in your opinion, the ''conditio sine qua non''; abstract, intangible concept that forms the backbone of being alive. In other words, the essential. The must have for a full flavored and joyful life?

Discuss....

FinsnFur

To be successful. Maybe financially, maybe skillfully, maybe mentally...maybe all of the above and maybe only in certain things, but being successful at something.
If you have kids the game changes. Teaching them to be successful becomes the ''conditio sine qua non''; abstract, intangible concept that forms the backbone of being alive. Watching it happen is the reward.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

For me i have no kids but to live life to its fullest and if you want to do something do it. Dont keep saying someday it'll happen. Personally i try to do as much as i can with my father and others that i care for. The struggle for me right now is when i was young i told myself i didnt want to work my life away. But right now im workin 50 hour weeks.  I dont mind it because i enjoy what i do and care for the bussiness i work for. But i can see myself breaking my promise in the near future. We'll see
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Seeing my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren grow and be happy is about as good as it gets for me. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FOsteology

When it's all said and done, the only thing that really matters is family and the love they give you. That makes family the number one essential IMO. Family provides the meaning and purpose in your life, bringing both pain and happiness. Family makes you live, want to live and want to do for others. Family is where love grows and multiplies, making it possible for more of us to experience the most powerful force man will ever know.

Health is of greater importance when others depend on you and you on them, so it's without question the second most important essential. Family will make you take better care of yourself, but will also comfort you and help you heal when your down.

Faith is third because it ties it all together. Faith keeps you planted and is a constant source of comfort and guidance. Faith provides a focal point to reason through trials and tribulations of both internal and external nature, remains a beacon in the night when you are adrift on a sea of uncertainty and hopelessness and makes you consider things from a different perspective for a multitude of reasons. Faith is the extension of family because it has the ability to create a family all of its own.

JohnP

Al, you and Fos have expressed my thoughts exactly. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs