• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Winter 3 coming up

Started by snafu, December 13, 2015, 09:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snafu

Latest lion sightings were a few months ago. Around 25 miles to my North/ Norwest. Spoke with a farmer in that area not long ago. 2yrs prior he had two cows raked on their hind quarters. One of those cows had a large bite wound on its upper rear hind quarter. Vet looked at both cows & told him a lion did the damage. This hunt is a long road to hoe, for sure. As of late I be a gazing out the winder awaiting on some flakes. As I knaw lead based paint chips off of the old sill.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

coyote101

I hope this is your year.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

nailbender

Well we seem to be getting our share of snow this year. But the melting could be a problem. weatherman says 21" before Christmas. Good, I'm tired of mud. We've been having more and more activity around here too. Snow Wednesday, hope you get some too. Good luck and Happy hunting!

FinsnFur

Yah were hoping to see a pic of ya standing over one this year. :eyebrow:
Winter 3? I'm still waiting for winter, well...the real winter.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

snafu

Info I've gathered over the last 9yrs. Is there are two females(w/cubs...sub adults) & one male roaming the area. Which encompasses 5 adjoining counties. So far I have no word on any of them being hammered or road killed. So I suspect they are still in their territories(I just want one, the Tom that is...I'm not to greedy  :biggrin: ). A friend of a friend contacted me awhile back. He takes care of two county parks along the river. He found where a deer was killed in a corn field along a mowed trail. Then drug under a fence. Then drug towards the river timber. I advised him to stay clear of the carcass (tall grassy area) unless he is armed.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"