• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Frogman update

Started by Frogman, March 21, 2016, 09:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Just wanted to update all my F&F friends.  I had colon resection surgery on Feb 16, 2016 to deal with diverticulitis which had started bothering me back in September.  I was in the hospital for six days and got to come home the following Monday Feb. 22.  The surgery went well and my recovery is going well.  I am not supposed to do any heavy lifting for a while.  I have been going to the range a lot to shoot and have shot in two pistol matches the last two weekends.  I hope to try some coyote calling soon!  I sure missed coming to LBL this year, but was afraid I might have a flare up have to come home by myself.  So, things seem to be going well so far. 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Yotehntr

Glad to hear the good news on your recoery Jim!   :yoyo:  Don't over do it!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Okanagan

Glad to hear that you are recovering well.  Sounds like a good fix for something miserable.

Voice of experience:    Give yourself plenty of time to heal right, which might take more time than when you were 16!  Don't be like some of us numbskulls who tried to do too much too soon, and set yourself back!

slagmaker

Good news indeed. Hope you heal fast and the surgery has taken care of all the problems
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

riverboss

Awesome Jim! So glad to hear your doing OK.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

coyote101

Good to hear you're recovering well, Jim.  :highclap: Follow the doctor's orders and we'll see you at LBL next year.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Glad that you are on the road to recovery, Jim. 

Is this going to affect your scuba diving?

FinsnFur

That doesnt sound fun :nono:
Thanks for the update and good news. It's good to hear your on the road to recovery :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I am glad that things are going good for you.  I did the same thing last March, but ended up in the hospital for 12 days and came out with a pubic catheter which also caused problems.  Needless to say, I know what you are going through.

Jerry

Frogman

Thanks for all your kind comments.  Wow, Jerry, sounds like you had a way rougher time of it than I did!!  I was really impressed by the treatment I received, the surgeon, and nurses were great.  I am taking it easy.  I did get out to call a couple of sets Tuesday evening from 7:00 pm til 10:30 PM.  No success, didn't even hear a coyote??  It was really great to get out.  I took it real slow and we didn't have any steep hills to climb!  Had a good friend come to the house this afternoon to take the snow blade of the compact tractor and put the mower deck back on for me.  My grass is growing fast. Couple more weeks and I should be almost back to normal!!

Jim

Hawks Feather

Just do what the doctors say and you will be fine.  I pushed the limits a couple of times and then was glad to not do anything for a few days. 

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Sure glad to see you are doing well, one of my daughters had that done several years ago and was in the Hospital for a month, the divertic is bad news. I'm sure all of you guys know that having a Colonoscopy is something that we all should have done on a regular basis. God Bless Jim and sure hope you continue to improve.  :bowingsmilie: 

Frogman

Still doing well.  Went out for four coyote sets on Saturday.  No response, but it was a beautiful day!!  Sure beats sitting in the recliner watching TV!!!

Jim

FinsnFur

I dunno :confused: ...laying on the couch after over eating for Easter supper was kinda nice Jim :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com