• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rambles with Grandson Zay

Started by Okanagan, September 16, 2016, 09:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

The youngest brother in Code's family came up to keep me company while my wife is down visiting the rest of his family for a few days.  The pic above is 35 kms up Big Silver Creek.  We had planned to drive a day-long loop over a mountain pass but a bridge was out just past the 35km point.  We pulled off at this spot on the creek and I took a nap while Zay took photos of salmon through binoculars.

The afternoon and evening before we had hiked up near timberline planning to stay and hunt deer but there was ZERO deer sign of any kind, so we turned back from the lower alpine meadows, hiked out in the sunset, made it to our vehicle by full moon and went home instead of camping.

We roamed some good country.

We had boneless medallions of grouse breast for supper last evening, plus half of the apple pie we'd baked early yesterday morning.  Zay said it was the best apple pie he'd tasted and I said that it was due to how he sliced the apples.  We will finish the pie for breakfast and then Zay heads home while I head out to camp with Code and Jon at their archery elk camp on the Olympic Peninsula.  Wish I had a young man's energy to keep up with all the possibilities of retirement.  :whew:

pitw

Pretty country for sure but I like looking at it through your pics as I've learned gravity works.  Zay takes great pics through a binocular too.  Sounds like the breakfast of kings. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Okanagan -  I am sure you will agree with me when I say that Grandkids are truly a gift from God.  We have eight of them and one great grandson and they are all very special to us.  As a matter of fact had I known how special they are I would of never had kids - just grandkids.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Very interesting pics and an interesting day for sure. That body of water is very unique looking.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 22, 2016, 08:48:06 PM
Very interesting pics and an interesting day for sure. That body of water is very unique looking.

There are several YouTube videos of it, people kayaking whitewater sections, panning for garnets, etc.  Big Silver Creek B.C.  It is calling to someone with your camera and your skills...  You could drive a rental car to that spot though it would be bumpy for 20 miles!