• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Warning for dog owners

Started by straycat, April 24, 2007, 08:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straycat

I just read this on another site and thought it would be a good thing to pass along.  :shrug:

My son just learned a very expensive lesson with his yellow lab. Dogs love Gorilla Glue. His 2 year old yellow lab got a hold of a small 4 oz. bottle and ate about half of it. It was late in the evening and vet told him to make the dog vomit and bring him in the next morning. X-rays showed the glue expanded inside the stomach to about the size of a kids rubber footfall, took up over 90% of the stomach volumn. Dog would have had about 2 days left to live. It had major surgery today to remove the mass. (Add about $1,500 to the dog's value)It should be released to go home this Friday. Doc's says it's not that uncommon and you can find examples of this posted on the internet. So, besides anti-freeze, keep your dogs away from Gorilla Glue, they love it.
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bob D

Thanks for the warning Stray. I didn't know that.

FinsnFur

Is this another set up like your rear end leaking?

That didnt come out right...hang on a sec  :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

straycat

Nope............not a joke.Supposed to be true. Just thought with all the call makers that use glue it is a good thing to know.
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bopeye

Thanks Stray.......that's good to know. I guess I'll stick with Elmers glue, they seem to like it and it doesn't bind them up quite as bad.  :wink:

I am sorry about your dog though. Keep us posted on his recovery.

Oops, that wasn't your dog...........well keep us up on it's progress all the same.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free