• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Angry Yogi!

Started by nastygunz, August 23, 2022, 03:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

STRAFFORD, Vt. —
A woman is recovering after she was bit by a bear while walking her dogs on Saturday.
The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife said Susan Lee, 61, of Strafford, was walking her Jack Russel terrier and a labradoodle on her property when the dogs moved out of sight.

As Lee recalled the dogs, she heard a loud noise and discovered a bear was charging her.
Lee told officials she tripped on a stone wall and the bear managed to bite her on her left leg. However, the Jack Russell terrier was able to distract the bear by barking, allowing her and the dogs to get away.
She was able to call 911 and a neighbor took her to the hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries including the bite and multiple scratches between two and nine inches long on her sides.
Vermont Fish and Wildlife officials investigated the site of the attack and determined that the bear was a female with cubs, and was likely provoked when Lee and her dogs surprised the group.
They were unable to locate the bear.
Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife Bear Biologist Jaclyn Comeau said bear attacks are extremely rare in Vermont, with only three prior attacks on record.
"At this time of year black bears are moving in family units and mothers will be protective of their cubs," Comeau said. "If confronted by a bear, it is essential to remain calm and back away slowly, and to fight back immediately if attacked."
The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife has received more than 700 reports of bear conflicts just this year. That number has quintupled the number from a decade ago, the department said.
Vermont's bear hunting season is set to begin on Sept. 1 and continues through Nov. 11.

nastygunz

Time to start teaching them who the Apex predator really is! :biggrin:

FinsnFur

But they are so cute and cuddly. Why cant I throw them grilled cheese sandwiches from my deck?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 23, 2022, 08:01:27 PMBut they are so cute and cuddly. Why cant I throw them grilled cheese sandwiches from my deck?

I would.  :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 23, 2022, 08:01:27 PMBut they are so cute and cuddly. Why cant I throw them grilled cheese sandwiches from my deck?

Because cheese is not good for young bears. It bothers their digestive track.

nastygunz

I like grilled cheese :biggrin: