• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got Cicadas?

Started by FinsnFur, June 23, 2024, 07:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

So apparently there's one species that emerges every 17 years and one that emerges every 13 years and they are both suppose to merge this year together.

I hate the sonzubitches.
What made me think of it, (and look it up)...was, I was visiting the state park this morning. I kept noticing what appeared to be dragonflys, hover past the front of the truck. But I couldnt see their tell tale long ass wings.
Once I left the park I noticed what looked like these creatures sprinkled out dead, sporadically up and down the road.
I finally pulled off to get a look and sure as shit there was little dead, orange and black cicadas all over.
I wanted to get a pic but the traffic and the corners in the timber wrapped road made it a bad place to be.

Thought I'd see more as I made my way home and didnt. I wonder why there was so many hanging around the state park.
I also seen the the WIS DNR published a warning because apparently people been harvesting them from the parks.
Who the hell would wanna harvest Cicadas?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

They taste just like chicken.  :innocentwhistle:

They were scheduled for here this year, but have only emerged in some areas. My daughter was at a show in Chicago last weekend and had heard that they were really bad, but where she was there were none. A friend of her's had set up at another show just north of Chicago and said that everyone shut down early because there were so many there that no one showed up for the show. I saw a peak hatch in Louisville years back and they make a real mess. One tree had so many on the trunk that you could not see the tree's bark. Seeing that once was enough for me.  :puke:

nastygunz

Cicadas lives matter!

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on June 24, 2024, 03:58:35 PMCicadas lives matter!

I am starting to worry about you!

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 24, 2024, 06:14:07 AMSeeing that once was enough for me.  :puke:

THAT would be plenty for me too :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 24, 2024, 06:14:48 PM
Quote from: nastygunz on June 24, 2024, 03:58:35 PMCicadas lives matter!

I am starting to worry about you!

:alscalls:  :alscalls: He's slipping from the grips of normal society :holdon:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

That happened a long time ago  :innocentwhistle: