• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Jim, Do you have flooding?

Started by Hawks Feather, June 26, 2024, 06:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Just checking in to see if you got hit with any of the flood waters that they had in Iowa and other places. I remember seeing some of your pics in the past of the river being flooded.

FinsnFur

Yep. The Mississippi is still climbing too. Currently at 17.6 ft. Normal is around 8ft
It's over St Feriole Island which is one of the first places they block off.
The confluence of the Wisconsin River into the Mississippi River is just a few miles from my house and it's one big ocean right now.

It's high, very high, but still not as high as some of the videos I posted from the drone last April. It's headed that way, and by the looks of it, it's gonna make it. But now the rains are finally beginning to slow so I guess we'll see.

It'll never reach my house. I'm several hundred feet above the river, atop one of these rolling bluffs that our driftless region is famous for.
We've been averaging downpours 3 a times a week since mid April. It's absolutely unbelievable.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Glad to hear that you are on the high ground. Stay safe.

nastygunz

I had to look up that driftless thing, pretty interesting. We have enough drift up here for every state in the country :wink:  :biggrin: