• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

sling recomendation

Started by bigben, September 03, 2024, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

So back when I was a kid dad used to get these nylon slings in some no name camo pattern that could go from tight against the gun to large enough to sling the gun over your shoulder.  No frills pretty basic 1.25" wide nylon sling.  I will be danged if I can find one somewhere on amazon.  I got this trapper length 30/30 marlin that I made a few years ago and just this weekend i put a set of skinner peeps on it.  Id like to find one of these slings to put on it mostly because of how easy it was to adjust.  it was pretty quick too.  But after an hour of searching on amazon i havent found one. 

picture is from sighting it in this weekend 50yds off a bench.  Turns out the gun likes the 150ish gr loads better then the older 170 grain loads i used in it.  I have a box of 150 fn sierras i dabbled with reloading.  Might try some soon. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

msmith

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

bigben

that looks just like the ones we used to use.  Thanks.  looks like amazon has em.  looks very close to the butler creek quick adjust ones as well. 

In other news and still related I have a side by side shotgun that I have decided to throw a set of sling studs back on.  It had a set on before and they took them off.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

If you ever need any sling studs let me know.

bigben

Quote from: Hawks Feather on September 09, 2024, 07:48:33 AMIf you ever need any sling studs let me know.

Well that sling stud I need for the side by side shotgun is different then a regular gun.  I found one on midway and ordered it.  Should be here this week.  But what kind of sling studs do you have and do you make em for a living?

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I don't make them, they are new old stock Uncle Mike. I think I bought 25 many years ago.

Hawks Feather

This post went down hill real quick.

bigben

I think yall need to check your stud finders.  as Im sure they are hard to find in these parts.

nastygunz

That just gave me a great idea I have an aunt who was always bitching about not being able to find a man I'm going to buy a cheap stud finder at Walmart and wrap it up and give it to her for Christmas 👍😉😂

Hawks Feather

And once again I will say, "This post went down hill real quick."

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

make sure you buy a good high end one.  Or she will end up with a toothless backwoods hillbilly for a stud.