• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

U.B.2

Started by Pilgrim, June 18, 2007, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

I thought I'd give Ugly Betty a run for her money.   Although she wasn't really ugly, this one certainly is.  I've been messing around with this thing, just a little at a time, for a couple of months now - I wanted it to turn out kind of wacky.   Although I put more time in it than I should have - I can't say I'm real fond of it.   Looks like a ray-gun or something.  It's made of brown mallee (Australia) and pink ivory (somewhere...Africa I think).  Wailin' rabbit voice.    Somebody have a heart and take this thing home.  Best offer takes it.  Deadline Thursday, 6/21, at 11pm EST.   (All proceeds go to the "Help Pilgrim Hunt Fund").

Edited to add:  I forgot to mention that the mouthpiiece is asian water buffalo horn.  The call is about 3 1/8" long and 1 1/4" wide at widest part.

bowjunkie

I like it $50 if its signed and dated  :biggrin:

edit to add not only do I like it I DON'T have any pilgrim calls yet  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

A ray gun?  :roflmao:
Looks kinda nifty. She's got a Purgatory tint to it.  :wink:

No offense moving the post Pat...just trying to keep all the calls sales in the Store.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Pilgrim

iahntr

Wood and finish look great ! Perty cool.
Scott

shooter

Don't know looks purdy ugly to me. I think you just give that one to your brother so he could hide it in his pile of hunting stuff. LOL...  what do you think ? : :wo:

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site shooter......can we draw off that and assume your the brother  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

I think that's a cool lookin call there Pilgrim!!<<John Wayne voice. :laf:

I bet George Jetson would really like it too!! :roflmao:

Honestly tho I think you've just added another way to turn a piece of wood. It's a really cool lookin call!! Nicely Done!! :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Pilgrim

Yep, Jim...Shooter's my bro and huntin pardner.   Thanks for the good words fellas.   And thanks for the generous bid Bowjunkie...sign and date is not a problem sir!

Pilgrim

Bowjunkie - Looks like she's all yours.   Thanks again for the bid!  I'll send ya a PM for the particulars.

Todd Rahm

Pilgrim,

That's a nice call, a bit from your normal style, but still a nice call. If Bow wouldn't have beat me to it, I would have made an offer, but collector etiquette leaned  me towards honoring Bows stake on the call, and I think it was the same for another collector. This doesn't mean I won't ever bump one up or take a jab at it, but it would be an extremely special call, and the other collectors would know first hand I was bidding. (Matter fact I was jazzed when I saw, and cringed when I seen the next post)   :innocentwhistle:

I figured I had two of your calls, and plan to add many more. So it was an easy choice for me. So  I wanted you to know first hand, that it is a top notched call, and I didn't make an offer, because I didn't want it, but because I was exercising good manners.  :biggrin:

Disclaimer: All non-collectors are fair game.  :innocentwhistle: