• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Calls for sale (2 pc Predator)

Started by Coulter, June 26, 2007, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

These calls are all loaded with a double stainless JC reed and produce a moderately high pitched rabbit / pup distress sound. Each stopper is held in with an o-ring. The woods are as follows left to right Ebony / Pink Ivory combo ($33), Pink Ivory / Ebony Combo ($33), Ebony / Bloodwood combo ($33). The rest of the calls are all $25 - Cocobolo (sold), Cocobolo (sold), Canarywood / Padauk combo, Kingwood, Osage / Bloodwood combo, Tulipwood (my wife loves this one), Marblewood, Curly Maple, Curly Maple / Bloodwood combo, Bloodwood and lastly Bolivian Rosewood.

And here are a couple of closeups...

Curly Maple / Bloodwood combo

Ebony / Pink Ivory Combo

Steve

bowjunkie

WOW you've been busy those are dang nice calls  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Absolutely Steve. Very classy stuff right down the line.  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Can I get a close up of number five coco and the coco one piece in the arc of he other pic, maybe together?  :wo:

Coulter

#4 left and #5 right...side 1

Side 2

The 5 call has nicer grain pattern all the way around. Here it is opened up...

And together with the 1 piece
Notice the design on the two. There was some thought that went into this design :wo: The exhaust is the same on both the 1 and 2 piece. Check out the top of the stopper and top of the 1 piece. Then notice the mouthpiece on the barrel of the two piece and the mouthpiece of the 1 piece...the same again. The one piece has all of the same design attributes as the 2 piece, but in half the package. It also has a brass reed where the two piece is a double stainless providing two distinct sounds. Thanks for looking.

Steve

songdog_sniper

Nice, Very nice,   These are the first of your calls that I've seen, I'm impressed.  Good Job ..   Aaron

FinsnFur

I like it.  :congrats:
Very rich looking wood the way you finished them. Can't believe they aren't getting snarfed up.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Thank you Aaron...I don't post many calls, but when I do I try to do a bunch at once. It is a real pain in the butt to do since I have to use two computers to accomplish the task.

Jim, all I can do is offer them up. If people want them they'll buy 'em. If not, they just go back into inventory to do some shows. No big deal. Probably a bad time of year for predator calls. :shrug:

Steve

iahntr

I think the calls look real good. It looks like you did a great job on all of them. I'll say for me it is a timing thing. I have several calls or call makers  in mind, I try to stick to it for the most part, doesn't happen all the time though. :nono: Sometime I'd love to add a call or two of yours to my collection. I really like your turkey calls too, I was thinkin about that walnut one you posted, but you can thank the turkeys around here for my attitude towards that. :madd: I'm ready to put down my bow, and grab my  gun, and see how smart they are. :nono: Maybe that's where my attitude comes from, they're obviously smarter then I am. :doh2: Anyways, good job on the calls. :thumb2:   Scott
Scott

mightyhunter1962

Steve, Those are some beautiful looking calls!! I really like your design and the two pc. set up, I bet they are a pain to make. Time consuming huh? Keep up the great work :highclap:

ninthinning

Those are really nice.  How do you get them all the same?
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Coulter

Thanmks guys...Ninth - they are all similar but not exactly the same. There are subtle differences in each one, it may not be visible all the time. I follow the same design pattern, but I eyeball them as far as any measurements. The only thing that is truly the same is the size of the blank when it starts out. After that minute differences occur that either the wood dictates or I incorporate.

Steve

songdog_sniper

Well I would say that you have a pretty good eye then.   Those are pretty dang close from the looks of it.  I made up 10 of the same call for a guy once and they all were different sizes,  hehe.. it took about 20 of them to get 10 that were close. lol..  Aaron

carvercalls

Coulter, great job on the calls :yoyo: Kerry