• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Open Reed Predator Calls Ivory and Antler

Started by ninthinning, July 05, 2007, 08:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninthinning

Here is a selection of ivory warthog tusks I have been working on.  Any ivory call is $75.  No charge for the scrimshaw since it is practice.  These are the toughest calls I have ever made.  The ivory is hard and doesn't chip easily.  These are rough calls made to go hunting.  When I erase a scrimshaw it takes a long time to sand off clean. Very tough stuff these warthog tusks are.

Also for sale are three large deer antler predator calls $35 each.  These are versatile but shine as little howlers.

These are all $75 each.  Bear call sold.

Scrimshaw tools.

These big antlers are $35 each

I have made a few of the ivory tone boards double reeds.  The double reed set up is inspired by Krusty.  I bought one of his calls a couple weeks ago and was amazed at the great sound a double reed makes.  I e-mailed Krusty and he was very modest about introducing the double reed to open reed predator calls.  Is Krusty the first to make double reed open reed predator calls?

Bear call is Krusty inspired double reed.
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

vvarmitr

Whoa Dude!!!  :shck: As if your tusk calls weren't cool enough. :shrug:
Calls like that outha shake some $ loose from some wallets. Would mine iffen there was any in it. (just got back from vacation :innocentwhistle:)

keekee

Damn good looking bunch of calls! I love the scrimshaw work, very nice!

Brent

desert dog

Eric,

Superb workmanship.  I really like the bear call.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

HaMeR

Very nice indeed!!  I like the one with the kitty cat on it!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Eric,

Very nicely done!  It all looks great!

Dave

Hawks Feather

Eric,

I guess all the practice is paying off.  The scrimshaw looks great.

Jerry

WhiteHare

Hey,  if this is practice, I don't think I will be able to stand it when you get into the game..... :highclap:
Very nice work. :congrats:
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

ninthinning

vvarmitr,  I liked scrimshawing the ones with ladies but my wife doesn't like them.  She says I should stick to the predators.
keekee,  Have you ever seen a double reed open reed besides Krusty's?  Damn fine to be able to write the word damn.
HaMeR,  That was made from a huge 10" tusk.  Its an excellent jack rabbit and does a good mallard duck.
HuntnCarve, You and seeinspots are my inspiration.  My work is real clumsy now but I see real potential in a few years. 
Hawks Feather,  Thanks, did you ever find any of the beaver skinning knife blades?
WhiteHare,  I figure I'll be practicing for a long time, so no charge for the practice work.

Thanks for all the kind comments.
9th

Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

vvarmitr

Hey, I got an idea! :wo:

Grind off that kitty cat  & put a Gibson girl in a thong bikini on it.  :thumb2:  ;yes;

Like the Gibson Girl art work. :wink:  

ninthinning

mightyhunter1962

Eric, That's some mighty fine talent you got going on there man. Folk's should be snatching these up , they will become folk art someday and be worth who no's how much $$ You guy's here sure set the bar high on call making. Really like the big antler calls! :congrats:

carvercalls

Very nice ninth.. Your scrimshaw is awesome..Kerry