• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Contest feed back needed!

Started by keekee, August 25, 2007, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

I decided to go forward with set up of the World contest at the expo with Brent R. After talking with him some more on the phone, If I don't get to call in the contest then that's fine. I do want to make sure this is one of the best contest ever, very professional, fair, and one great event. We are striving to make it the biggest and best contests there is. We have some great stuff In the planning of this contest.

I would like to kind of pole you guys, and get some feed back. Anyone who has any input is welcome to email, or call me. (740) 894-5619 or keescalls@keescalls.com or post your thoughts or questions here.

What distress sounds would you all like to see in the distress part of the contest?

And......

What Coyote vocalizations would you like to see in this part of the contest?

Brent

vvarmitr

Sorry Brent, but I have NO clue what you are talking about?  :shrug:

What contest?

Where at?

World contest?  at what expo?

Who's Brent R.  Is he a member on here?

When is this World coyote Calling Expo ?

Sorry for my being outta the loop or not in the right clic. (If FnF isn't the right clic I don't what is?)  Would you be so kind as to enlighten me.

Coyote Calling Contest ... KEWLLL! ... I could use some prize $! ;yes;         :laf:

vvarmitr

OHHHHHHHH!  :doh2:

Thanks Semp. You're like the GPS of the FnF forums. :wink:  :laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KillerCaller!

What distress sounds would you all like to see in the distress part of the contest?

And......

What Coyote vocalizations would you like to see in this part of the contest?

The trouble is getting enough guys that could do a "way out there distress" sound. I vote sabretooth kitten, pilot pigeon and hammerhead shark distress. :shck:

If it were me, I would have a list at the gate and as the patrons entered they would check off 3 or 4 sounds from a list of ten. The ones with the most votes are the sounds the callers must do. Say all people entering from 9- 12 a.m. get to vote. That would give you enough time to tally the votes and it would make those in attendance feel like they did their part for the contest. You could have on-line voting at all of the major boards and sites as well to get it done before hand.
As far as the hows go......... the pickings are slim. 

canine

Cottontail Rabbit
Jack Rabbit
Fawn distress
Monkey floggin the chicken  :huh:
Bird distress

Vocalizations:
Lone howl
Puppy howl
Threat barks howl
Excited yips
Pup and Adult coyote distress

JD

wv_yoter

Canine, you forgot the year and a half female( sweet virgin come get ya some big boy)  howl.  :eyebrow: Or are you still working on that one?
Jason

canine

Wv, I went ahead and copyrighted that name.......But, I have chosen to keep the actual sound a secret :sneer:

It's goin to be my go-to call this winter when the coyotes have heard every other sound out there  :biggrin:

:eyebrow:
JD

awh

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: @ JD & WV....
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

keekee

All the calls will be picked before hand then  put in a hat at the contest pre meeting with all the callers. At that time, we will pull out the sounds from the hat, and that's the sounds they will haft to produce and be judged on. All done right in the meeting so everyone can see its a fair drawing.

What I am looking for is what sounds to make available in the hat to be drawn from.

Brent

Nelson

1)  Lone Howl
2)  Cottontail Distress
3)   Fawn Distress
4)  Bird Distress

Unsolicited suggestion:  Have all the callers out of sight of the judges.  Let them each perform their call, and be judged on the sound alone.  This way you could participate in the contest also, and there would be no favoritism.

Nelson

keekee

The judges wont be able to see the callers. The way I am thinking now is it will be ran just like a sanctioned Turkey calling contest. Rules and regs will be pretty much the same. Every caller will be refured to as a number ( No Names)

Callers will draw numbers as to there calling order. Caller number 1 will draw twice and his first score will be thrown out and will not count. Kind of used to set the judges ears.

Each caller will be scored on each call. 20 points for perfect, and 0 being the worst. The high and low judges score will be thrown out and a average taken from the three average judges. That will be there final score. 5 Judges total.

Anymore than 50 callers we will haft to hold a preliminary round and bring back the top 15 for the finals.

Right now I have....

Distress calls:

Cottontail Distress
Jack Rabbit Distress
Bird Distress
Fawn Distress
Callers  chose....There best call ( they Pick)
Coaxing call
Puppy wines and crys
Puppy Distress
Chicken Distress....This one separating the men from the boys...lol

Howling:

Adult Coyote Lone Howl
Puppy Howl
Adult Coyote Distress
Threat bark Howl
Adult Coyote Barks
Excited yip howl
Assembly howl
Callers best call

Just my thoughts on the calls.

Brent

KillerCaller!

If someone wants a call with, in my opinion, theeeee best qualities for making chicken distress sounds, get a hold of a Krusty Krier. Colonel Sanders himself would have a hard time telling the difference. When I first put that call to my lips it sounded and tasted just like chicken. Chicken fingers, chicken soup, chicken salad.............
That sounds like the best and easiest way to go with the contest Kee Kee. Lucky you have experience in contests, I bet that helps a ton. It's a shame that I have recently come down with a case of Acute Kansas Travel Disorder. If not for that I would make it.

onecoyote

I would make it as simple and fast as possible, so you'll be able to go through all those callers in a day. Good luck with this contest, wish I could be there.

keekee

Why are you not coming Danny?

And by the way I got some stuff for you museum! You need to give me a call!

Brent

onecoyote

KeeKee, I  sent it all to FoxPro " the museum ."  I believe they can do a better job of it then little old me. I got it started and in my heart I want everybody to enjoy it  in the future, couldn't think of a better place to send it.
I'm selling the motel, Way to many things going on. I'd love to make it to that  get together. Maybe next year, I'm sure it well still be going on and maybe even bigger..............God bless