• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My little town...

Started by Arkyyoter, July 17, 2007, 09:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

With all the rain this summer....several things have happened out of the ordinary here in my little town. The creeks have continued to run all summer, the foliage is extremely dense, and the river is BIG....My wife and I went out at sunset and took a few pictures...

Yep....I live in the middle of nowhere.....wouldn't have it any other way  :biggrin:

Hope ya'll enjoyed these...

Joe

iahntr

Nice overlook ya got there ! Cool pics Joe, Thanks ! 
Scott

nailbender

Nice pics Joe!  And I agree, nowhere is the best place to be!

Hawks Feather

Joe,

Nice composition and framing on the pictures.  You are getting the rain that we need.  We got two-tenths of an inch today and that was on top of the one-tenth we got last week.  Those three-tenths have been it for the past 5 weeks.  I made the 45 mile trip to Lima today and saw several fields of corn that were about a foot tall - so much for them being knee high by the fourth of July.  Beans are not doing well either.  There were a few places where they had gotten some spot showers that were fair to good, but nothing was great.  All of this from one of the best agricultural areas of Ohio.

Jerry

Bopeye

Those are some good pictures Joe. What "little river" is that?
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

THO Game Calls

That river looks pretty high.   Ours are going down finall.  Your're lucky to live where you do.  Living in the country means being more than 15 minutes from the mall to my wife. 

Stuck here in the city

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FOsteology

Nice pic's Joe. Thanks for sharing.

The weather sure has been abnormal this year. More rain received this year than the last 2-3 years combined!

weedwalker

Great pictures Joe. Is that the White River?

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys...the river is the "Arkansas River"....and yes, it is way up!! Lots of rain and lots of water...the river flows through Colorado and Oklahoma before coming to Arkansas. Oklahoma ( and Texas)  has been under a deluge for about the last 25 to 30 days....thank goodness we aren't getting the water from Texas as well, or we would be under. The river is 3 to 5 feet above flood stage at this point, lots of agricultural land under now, even with the system of locks/dams in place for hydroelectric/flood control purposes. We too have had torrential rains, this season...but not to the extent the Okies have...strange weather pattern indeed.

I appreciate the comments, and yes...we consider ourselves very fortunate to be here. My wife was born here, I am a new-comer...I came here in 1964 at the ripe old age of ten..... :biggrin:

Joe

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

keekee

vvarmitr

Wow! Thanks for the pix Joe! Really enjoyed them.! :biggrin:

CCP

Nice pic's Joe :highclap: Some of that country looks like it does around here.

I sure wish we could have gotten a lot of rain.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

DirtyDog

Good pics Joe. There are several parts that are getting lots of rain. I was in Atlanta all last week, and it rained pretty good, but my wife said it did not rain much back home.  :shrug:

ohiobob

Real Nice pics ya put on here Joe,,How far from that River do you live?,,I am with you,I LOVE living out here in "Nowhere"Land  :sneer:
We had a BAD Flood here about 3 years ago,,the worst one I ever seen,,I was THREE FEET from being an Island  :shck:
So I had a LOT of Gasoline in the Garage for the Generator,,Thank God we didnt need it,,But My wife works 20 Miles from home,,well when the Flood hit she had to drive almost 45 Miles ONE WAY to get to work,,so I remembered the
"Drunks" Road,,its the little Gravel Road all the drunks take to avoid your fellow "Statey" Boys,,it cut here drive by 20 Miles,,thank God back then Gas wasnt so damn Expensive  :whew:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

bowjunkie

awesome pics  :yoyo:  ok whats this rain stuff ya'll been talkin about  :confused: its been so long since I saw any I don't know what it is anymore I think the last rain here was in the 1st week of April