• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

3 Recent Calls....

Started by Purgatory_Predator_Calls, August 03, 2007, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

I've recently had other priorities to attend to in life that have kept me away from the lathe.  :madd:  But this past week I was able to get some time off to do a little work in the shop.  :whew:  This time off was spent largely day dreaming about call making and the way I do things, among other more important things.... :doh2:  Anyhow I was able to come up with a few ideas that I thought might help me in the finishing department.  Mostly dealing with mandrel set ups.  Well fellers here's the acumulative works of the past few days. 

These two calls are both spoken for.  Starting on the left from the top down, Gaboon Ebony, Amboyna Burl ring, and Desert Ironwood.  The grain on this call body really took on the appearance of tree bark to me.

The call on the right started out as an experiment.  See it's not a laminated call.  The Osage portions are actually rings with the call body being one solid piece of Ebony.  This call is slated to be a late birthday gift for a dear friend who means an awfull lot to my wife and I

Both of these calls are functional two piecer's connected with a double o-ring fit.

These calls are all spoken for aswell.  The first call on the right is the same as pictured above.  The second call is Gaboon Ebony with a Bloodwood Band.  For whatever reason, while on the lather, this call reminded me of a bat.   :shrug:  And the far right calls is from top to bottom, Gaboon Ebony, Aluminum band, and Desert Ironwood.  This call reminded me of a tiger while on the lather for far more obvious reasons.  These two calls also feature a double o-ring fit.   I chose the Ironwood because I haven't turned any for a while.  One of the great things about this stuff is, you never know what you'll get untill you start turning it.  I've had these two pieces of Ironwood sitting on a bench next to my lathe for over a year now and never knew they looked so good. 

Anyhow fellers, thanks for taking a look!

Yoey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Bills Custom Calls

Yoey what a fine looking job you done there

Hurry now get back to the lathe make some moreYour work amazes me
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

Hawks Feather

Hey Yoey,

Those calls look excellent!  I thought maybe you were fighting fires out there and not able to turn.  Hopefully you won't need to worry about fires and can just work on hazmat training.  Right now would be a really good time to suit up and stand in the sun, kind of like being in a really bad sauna.  Maybe you can get a little more "free" time and turn again.  We will all be waiting to view.

Yerry

iahntr

Scott

bowjunkie

WOW those are sweeeeeeeeeettttttttt  but that ironwood call just wow me thinks it should be rerouted for a test run here  :eyebrow: and I'll send it on when I get time  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Hooooooooooly Smoooooooooookers.

Reroute?Thats my hustle Ed........Look Ed whats that.   :innocentwhistle: :biggrin: :wink:

Joey............classy, very classy sir. Your joining the group of "what more can I say to compliment your calls"  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

ohiobob

Pergatory Pred
I love that Ironwood,,hell I like ALL the wood in these calls  :congrats:  come to think of it I dont think I have EVER seen any Bad anything from you  :yoyo:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

FinsnFur

:hahaha: Todd  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Yerry,

Yeah sauna from hell is right on!  This time of the year we call it shrink wrap.  It's funny you mentioned the heat, on our last day we had a full scale excorcise with a full scale 27 car train derailment.  It was 104 degrees and 16% humidity.  Some how I drew the short straw and was on the initial entry team with a max working time of 20 in a fully encapsulated suit.  Long story short I ended up doing 3 rotations in that suit, and every time rehab took our suits off we had to dump the sweat out of our boots.  Honest to god it looked like we jumped in a swimming pool with all our clothes on, we were so soaked with sweat. 

Thanks for the compiments fellas.  Glad you all like them.  Bow, rest assured they are going to a good home.

Catch ya all later!

Yoey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com