• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Short Video

Started by Jerry Hunsley, September 24, 2006, 10:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hunsley

This is a short video on a recent hunt early this week. It was about 60deg. out and sunny , very little wind. In this stand three coyotes were shot but only have one on video. We were watching a coyote about a half mile out when two more came in to my left. It was the dominant male and a lesser dog. The lesser dog hung back and was shot first. The dominant one came after the dog and was killed which is on video. After the dominant one was killed, we worked the one out there a half mile and got him in and was shot at 200yds. Without the dog we would have only probably got one coyote. Pat Hoing was doing the shooting. We ended up getting 4 dogs that day. Now the weather has turned bad and haven't been out. This weekend archery deer , archery antelope, and grouse season is on. That makes for tough hunting with all the traffic. East river will have less pressure , so that is where I'll concentrate my hunting. Enjoy.

canine

COOL Jerry!! :highclap:

That's sweet, That sure looks like a ton of fun hunting with the dog!!

JD

fuzz624

Nice Jerry,thanks for shareing.

FinsnFur

Excellent Jerry.
Pretty well seasoned dog ya got there. That coyote was cutting some serious rug coming in.  :eyebrownod:

You guys working on a film to put out, or just capturing for your own use?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jerry Hunsley

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 24, 2006, 11:34:42 AM
Excellent Jerry.
Pretty well seasoned dog ya got there. That coyote was cutting some serious rug coming in.  :eyebrownod:

You guys working on a film to put out, or just capturing for your own use?
You know seriously I was thinking about it, but I hunt a lot by myself and it is just to hard to get the stuff that I want. Maybe someday I'll put all the footage together and think about it. I would like to get all my buddies into the films. That is my goal. Then when I get old, and can't hunt I'll be able to enjoy all my filming.  :eyebrow:

Bob D

Thanks for the video Jerry. That dog really works well on getting the coyote in and making him hang around. It must really p--- off the coyote to make him act that way. What caliber rifle were ya'll using?

Bopeye

That dog is really doing a fine job. I wish we had the wide open for that kind of hunting.

I edited this post, because I realized I had unintentionally hijacked it.........sorry bout that.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jerry Hunsley

Quote from: Bob D on September 24, 2006, 01:14:15 PM
Thanks for the video Jerry. That dog really works well on getting the coyote in and making him hang around. It must really p--- off the coyote to make him act that way. What caliber rifle were ya'll using?
Pat was shooting a .223 this time. Once in awhile he uses a .204.

CCP

VERY GOOD Jerry enjoyed the video beautiful country to boot.

Keep them coming
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Greenside

Jerry,, What's your take on concealment in that country?

Jerry Hunsley

Quote from: Greenside on September 25, 2006, 08:39:21 AM
Jerry,, What's your take on concealment in that country?

I'm not sure what you mean. But if you mean how do I conceal myself. I just usually sit on a hillside so I am not silhouetted , or find a yucca plant or somthing like that. The main thing is just sitting still. A lot of places are wide open country and all you can do is sit on the hillside. Of couses I where camo, but the main thing is to just sit still and let the coyote focus on the dog. You can get away with a lot when you have a dog. That's why I use him all year around. When a coyote or coyotes come in they zoom in on the dog and it gives me a chance to relocate for a shot if I have to. We have a lot of open areas. We do have rocks and a lot of yuccas. Those are good places to set up. I usually set up on the top of big draws that go up into fields or praire dog towns. If you can find dog towns at the head of draws , they will hold coyotes, or if you have marshes  or sloughes surrounded by fields , that will also hold a lot of coytes.

Mallardsr

Good clip! Next best thing to bein' there. :highclap:

vvarmitr

I hate videos like that! :madd:  They just make me want to see more. :eyebrow: 
Great idea about having 'em when ya can get up & go any more.
Until then keep making 'em & letting us see 'em. Maybe someday I can be on a clip w/ ya. :yoyo: :biggrin: