• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Time to call it quits....

Started by centerfire_223, August 13, 2007, 11:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

After working at the same place for the last 20 years, its time to hang it up and travel a different path in life.

At the end of the month I will be self employed. I am going into business with a friend of mine doing construction and remodeling. We got hooked up with a couple of the insurance companies to handle their rebuilding from fire and water damage.

How many others we have around here that are self employed?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

browning204

good luck on your new path of life. Hope it works out for you!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Bills Custom Calls

Good luck on your new venture

Been there done it     then went to work for someone else now I am unemployed

Hope it all works out well
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Best of Luck in your new endeavour for sure!! I haven't been self employed for around 25 years now. Might be time to go back tho. :wo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Ronnie, Hope thius works out for you, I'm sure you can make it work. Gimme a call when you want to go after some dogs , got several new places to hunt.cc

Silencer

Best of luck to ya  :congrats:, I've always wanted to start my own buisness.  Hunting/Fishing supply store with restaurant and guide service, would love to do that but just dont have the kahuna's.

Roundman

Dang...can I have your old job?  :biggrin:
Good luck and I hope you are still on for the LBL.

FinsnFur

Isn't it weird how different areas like this can be so completely different?
Ronnie I have been in construction for the last 15 years of my life and have been self employed doing construction for the last 12.

This spring the bottom fell out of er. Made $3000.00 from January to July  :rolleye: Finally had to swallow my pride and hit the work field. Now I'm punching a clock.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

The housing market around the Carolinas is doing better than most places. I'm hearing they attributing it to folks deciding to move to Carolina vs Florida given the cost differences. Folks around here are busy as beavers, though the heat is frying them up.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

Good luck Ronnie. I hope it all works out for you!

Jeb

Goodluck to you and your partner ! Hope this business will turn out to be everything you wanted ! :highclap: :highclap:
                       Jeb

centerfire_223

Come on down Jim, I 'll give you a job. You would have the best boss in the world.  :biggrin:  Plus you'd have the added bonus  of getting to make a couple of stands in the mornings before work

The housing industry here is still booming, but what we are doing with the insurance companies. That kind of work will always be there, plus we live close enough to the beach that after a hurricane; you can have more work than you ever dreamed of. I don't mind traveling when I have to.

My partner has had his business for the last 15 years, so it is already established. We are just expanding it into new areas. If you see me on the corner holding up one of those will work for food signs.... toss me some change.  :biggrin:

Round man, they are hiring like crazy at the plant if your interested in a job. They hired 9 new people a few weeks ago but they've got 6 older guys quitting. That should tell you something.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

ROOSTER

I did the fire/flood rehab thing for about 6 years after I got out of high school. Being hooked up with the insurance companies is the most important part of that gig. You would be surprised what people will leave as junk after a fire.
Just remember KILZ and BINN from Zinzer is your friend.  :biggrin: The code up here was any lumber with  a 1/4 inch char or less was go to go. Just seal the heck out of it to kill the smoke smell. Some jobs you'll look like a coal miner at the end of the day. :laf: Good luck.

bigben

:laugh2: at roosters avatar.

and good luck in your new endevour.  my father had his own bussiness before.  he did not have it go under or run out of work.  he just realized that working for someone else for more money and then doing side jobs was a lot better. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Todd Rahm

Not self employed, but wish the best in your future adventure Ronnie.  :wink:

canine

Ronnie, I have been self employed 5 years now, doing concrete work. I also do concrete overlays which is where I make most of my money. I too am planning a new adventuer this fall into winter, I am partnering up with a guy to build a spec home. If it goes well we have the first dibs in this new development to put in 24 more homes.

Wish you the best, it's feast or famine and sometimes overwhelming but you just have to keep a positive attitude.

JD

FinsnFur

And he is a distributor of Himilayan Gojo Juice  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: