• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

mailing calls

Started by kkbait, August 13, 2007, 01:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkbait

What does everyone use when sending calls through the mail ??

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

:roflmao:  What a smartass!! :roflmao:

Altho itwere a goodun!! :laf: :laf:

The calls I recieve are either in small boxes or the padded envelopes. Either way they are wrapped in bubble wrap quite heavily. Haven't gotten any damaged calls yet!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

The Rock

Stamps   :rolleye:    :nono:

I use the 3m bubble lined envelopes and add more bubble wrap on the calls also. I have recieved calls in the same and some in small boxes just big enough for the call and some I thought were a pair of shoes but, only found a call inside all the packing.  :innocentwhistle:

kkbait

thanks for the replies. Which ever I decide to send them in I will make sure I put stamps on it .  :laf:

Hawks Feather

Like some others, I have gotten calls in boxes and padded envelopes.  Both work and I have not had a problem with either.  With that being said, personally I like boxes better.  I don't have the fear of something smashing it.  I know the box could also be smashed, but I think it would take more weight to do damage.

Just my 2¢,

Jerry

Braz

Like others, I have used the 3M padded envelops and wrapped the call in bubble before inserting in the envelop. So far I have not had a problem. I will use a box when I have a number of calls to mail to one address.
Braz

CypressSlough

I use a box for every shipment. Like Jerry said, it just adds a little extra protection in my opinion.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Todd Rahm

Well I have received a call or two in the mail. I think one or two boxes that were damaged but the calls still there, and about ten to twelve bubblelopes  :biggrin: that were damaged (torn open), but all calls were there..luckily.

Envelopes are ok for most stuff, but if I order a top shelf call or an older rare call, man I hope they get sent in boxes. I have seen how the post man works, and would hate for him to throw a 20 pound box on top of my custom laminated call, just to find upon arrival, that its no longer a  laminate.  :innocentwhistle:

Braz

Quote from: CypressSlough on August 14, 2007, 12:25:05 AM
I use a box for every shipment. Like Jerry said, it just adds a little extra protection in my opinion.

I don't have a problem with using the box method but I do have a problem finding them at a reasonable price. Where do you get them?
Braz

Hawks Feather

http://www.packagingprice.com/

I have gotten them here before and they were 25 to 30¢ a box.  I think 50 is their minimum order.

Jerry

Coulter

You guys make some good points about boxes being tossed on top of an enevelope. I think I might order some of those boxes that Jerry pointed out. I always used bubbleopes because I couldn't find boxes at a decent price. Thanks for the info Jerry :yoyo:

Steve

Hawks Feather

No problem.  I learned from Al and Joe that it is good to share information whenever you can.  I am sure that you will pass along a favor to someone who needs information.

Jerry

Braz

Jerry, thanks for the link. I did order some boxes from them, but also send an e-mail to the contact they gave. I was a bit disappointed in the shipping costs. They were extreme, to say the least. I told them I thought that the shipping costs were out of line, and as such, I probably would not be doing much business with them in the future.
Braz

Bullet

I retired from the Post Office, please forgive me, a lot of the mail is moved by machines going down conveyor belts and have drops of 3 or more feet when they get to the hamper, the next package might be 70 pound box.  When it drops if that package below it is not properly packed it is history.  Only insurance can take care of that one.

Hawks Feather

I have a good friend that works at the post office.  He told me that had a 300 pound gorilla that walked on them.  Now I find out it is only a three foot drop followed by a 70 pound box.  Wait till I get a hold of him.

Jerry