• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Any body know about Llama .45

Started by GSD102, August 21, 2007, 12:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSD102

I found a Llama .45 ACP in a pawn shop pretty cheap compared to others I've seen. It shoots great, crisp and clean threw every round. The bluing is faded in some spots, but other than that there is no loose anything except a cracked grip and that's from aging plastic.
I've heard good things and bad things about this gun. I have figured out if it doesn't have the funny inspection stamps on it you have a POS. Luckily mine does and has a set of #'s on it from somewhere else like invoice #'s, they are not from the factory. My question is," How interchangeable is it with standard 1911 parts?" I ask that because it seems THICKER than Gov. Issue. Seems it is.
If any one has any experence with this firearm let me know, Thanks

vvarmitr

I have a Llama too. It's the only 45ACP I have.
I haven't bought any after market stuff for it, but they say it'll work. However, it's kinda like casting your pearls before swine.
They're a fun plinker, but are no means able to handle the riggers of competition shooting.
Had trouble reloading for it. Seems the Llamas have tight chambers.
Mine is accurate & the reason its still around though I haven't taken a g'hog w/ it yet. :doh2:

GSD102

Thanks vvarmitr,
I should be asking," IS that cold bluing stuff worth the mess and time?" Or if there's some nickle coating I could do with a LIMITED shop. I would like to freshen up the frame. Then I'll need new grips.

vvarmitr

Never tried cold bluing.

Iffen it was me it would be flat black Krylon. :huh:  :laf:

weedwalker

GSD102, The cold blueing works Ok to hide small scratches or rubs, but larger areas don't look too good afterwards. Sometimes it just won't get as dark as original blueing.