• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Trap stakes.

Started by keekee, September 11, 2007, 02:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Any one ever use these?

I made some of these up and also a rod to use to set them with. I tryed a few out in the yard and they seem to work real well. Im going to give them a shot this year and see how well the work out.

Brent

Red Dog

Well I don't trap anymore! But when I saw them at the OSTA meet,I thought they were a neet idea.would be a lot better to carry in the bucket,than a bunch of of the rebar.  :highclap:

studabaka

I have some, but I like the bullet design better for the soil around here...... though my go to stake is rebar for trust and confidence.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

awh

We just made some up end of last week out of conduit. After the 2 doz I figured I better see if they would hold (Don't ya love those thoughts when you have so much done???)
Drove one in the ground and the 4 wheeler wouldn't out it so I guess they are good. Easy to make to. I'll get ya some pics tonight Brent.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Hawks Feather

I left a few of those in the ground several years back and they work well.  I used the PoGo washers last fall and they were fine too.  I pulled the traps at the start of deer season, shortly after a rain, and with the help of "my little friend" was able to get them back out of the ground.  I put four eye bolts(spaced about 16 inches) through the four inch thickness of a 2 x 4 x 8 and opened up the eyes.  I also took a spade.  Dug down a little ways and then let the power of the fulcrum go to work.  I think the fact that the ground was wet and I was pulling  straight up made it possible to remove them.  If I would have been in any kind of a rush I would have left them there.

Jerry

keekee

Cool! Sounds like I may go with them then!

I made mine out of conduit as well. The two I put in the yard are still there, I could not get them out....lol...I will haft to dig them out so I don't get them with the mower though!

Brent

Coulter

I have used them for a few years. I wouldn't recommend putting them in anything remotely resembling mud or loose soil though. I'm not talking about the typical farm field that turns into mud after a hard rain, but the softer stuff like along a creek bank or swampy area. Loose soil - stay away from ant hills or dirt that has been piled in the woods and left to settle on its own. Also, I tried the heavy duty version of these anchors and I'll tell ya...don't waste your money on them, they aren't worth a crap.

Steve

Drifter

Been using Pogo washer stakes for years here . I would hate to have to go back to rebar  :rolleye: For loose mud go to the 2 inch washers and set them deeper . In clay type I make mine about 14 in long counting the eyes . I have held as many as 5 yotes without having to reset them , that won't happen with rerod stakes even cross staked . Save time and aggrivation and buy a pogo driver . He guarantees them as well .

Drifter